Things That I Can't Explain

 


It's a Monday, maybe that's all the explanation I need or the answer I will get, but...

This morning I woke up a bit before 4 in the morning.  Since I did not have to physically go into the office today, I decided to sleep in a bit and dismiss my alarm that was to go off in about an hour.  Then I turned over and went back to sleep.

Slightly less than an hour later my husband wakes me up.  He does it in a nice way, but I can't figure out why.  My phone is silent (since I turned off the alarm).  In the distance I hear a noise, but I can't quite figure it out.

My husband tells me to turn off my alarm.  I tell him that it's not on.

What is that sound? It's not coming from anywhere in the bedroom.  Could it perhaps be a car alarm going off in the distance (which is why it doesn't sound like a car alarm)?

I reluctantly get up.  (So much for sleeping in a bit).  The noise is slightly louder when I go out into the hall.  I can hear it even better when I go into our office.  It seems to be coming from my husband's desk area.

I drag him out of bed.  He listens and tries to figure out where it is coming from.  Thankfully it is NOT coming from his computer.  (That would be bad.)

He opens the cabinet above the desk and pulls out a box.  The humming/vibrating noise is definitely coming from the box.

What's in the box?

My OLD phone.  The alarm is on and is waiting for someone to get up and turn it off.

Back in fall, I had purchased two new phones for my husband and I.  We got them in the middle of October.  At which point my husband (says he) turned the old ones off and put them away.  How did a phone that was off and in a box turn on?  Even if the phone HADN'T been turned off, why did the alarm go off today?  It hasn't gone off any other day and the alarm on my phone has always been set to the same time Monday - Thursday. And if my old phone HAD been on since mid-October, why hadn't it gone off before.  And how did it have enough power to even do so?  (The last time it would have been charged would have been over 4 months ago.)

My husband turned off the phone. (Again?)  He put it back in the box.  He put it back in the cabinet.  He went back to bed.  I stayed up and started my day.

I have no answer as to why the alarm went off.  Or why it chose Monday, February 26, 2024 to do so.  The only thing I DO know is that the Mamas & the Papas were right:  "Monday, Monday, can't trust that day." 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES