I'm Blaming 2023


 I'm not ready to give up hope on 2024 yet.  I really want to this to be a better year.  But we're three days in and I'm starting to get anxious.  

On Monday, the first day of the New Year my husband had a tele-health appointment (something we've never done) with a NP because his eyes had been bothering him.  In all honesty, his eyes had been bothering him for several days.  I, the nagging wife, had TRIED to get him to see a doctor, but...The NP says there's a lot of respiratory illness going around as well as conjunctivitis (aka PINK EYE).  She sends prescriptions to our pharmacy for eye drops as well as oral antibiotics which he starts on Monday night.

Tuesday, while my guys sleep in, I head to the office.  All was fine...or was it?  My right eye had bothered me a bit on Monday, but seemed okay.  Maybe both my eyes were a little itchy?  I thought I looked okay.  But as the day wore on (and I'm doing a lot of work on the computer), my eyes felt itchy and slightly teary.  I went to the bathroom and while they didn't look bad, they didn't look good either.  They were a little "gunky."  (I think that's the technical term for it.)  I decided to head home early and texted my husband several times asking if he could call the doctor's office and explain the situation.  (I couldn't call while I was underground on the city light rail and I wasn't going to try to talk to a doctor's office on a bus. Plus talking on a phone while fully masked is also a challenge.) Maybe he could get me a prescription?  Or an appointment?  But he didn't respond.  (Making for a not happy wife.)  

For some reason he didn't get any of my 8 or so texts until I was almost home.  I was walking up the block when he got me a tele-health appointment for today, as that was the first thing that was available.  (It was around 3:30 and the office is supposedly open till 9, so I wasn't really happy about that.  I realize this is a first world problem, but...)

Once home I took a longer look at myself in a (magnifying) mirror.  Both eyes were oozing yellow "gunk".  (TMI?)  Clearly, I have the same problem.  With a warm wet washcloth I tried to clear it out.  I took a dose of Nyquil (because I do have some sinus pressure and a headache) and went to be before 9.  I woke up twice and both times couldn't really open my eyes.  When I got up...well in addition to the grossness, my eyes were really puffy.  (The one thing I don't usually have is bags under the eyes.  Today I have bags above, below and everywhere in between.)  

My first telehealth appointment went pretty well. (Although I had somehow logged in twice and so there was feedback. I didn't want to try an exit out of one without screwing up the other, so we just dealt with it.)  I have the same diagnosis as hubby.  They think that a sinus infection has caused the pink eye.  Apparently that's a thing.  And it's a thing that is going around the area.  (So if you live in Northern NJ; look out for people will stuffy noses and swollen eyes.)  I'll be on slightly different (and more expensive) prescriptions (due to allergies).  I can't wait to put some drops in my eyes and hopefully get on the path to wellness.  Hubby is on the mend and I hope I am not far behind.  Also hoping that our son doesn’t' come down with it!

So three days in and I'm not thrilled with 2024, but since this seemed to start at the END of 2023, I'm willing to give it a pass...for now.

Come on 2024, I'm counting on you to do better over the next 363 days better.  I know you can do it!

(Note:  Photo at top of this post is from The Big Bang Theory, a show I LOVE, but in my experience, this is not exactly what pink eye looks like.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES