Where Is My Document & Check?

 Once again, first world problem and privileged rant...That's your warning/spoiler.

On Monday I needed to send a document along with a substantial check to a person in a nearby state.  (Yes, I've purposely made the details vague.)  It needed to get there fairly quickly.  Not overnight, but close and because it was such an important mailing, it needed to be tracked.

USP?  USPS?  FedEx?  My husband and I decided to go to our local UPS store (next town over) and see what the best method of delivery would be.  I sat out in the car (because parking in the area can be an issue) and he went in to send out the envelope.  The person at UPS said that USPS Priority would be quick.  Most likely it would be there the next day.  (It was early afternoon at that point.)  Using my credit card, hubby paid $17.22 and that was that.  (Although the drive home from the next town over took nearly 20 minutes due to streets being closed due to construction.  I get the need, but do you have to close just about every friggin' road in the area?)  

That was that?

Last night my husband was pretty anxious.  Why, he'd checked the tracking number on the package and this is what he saw:

(I have purposely blacked out the last few digits for tracking as well as the location from which it was sent.)

You will note that the tracking was created on Monday, July 1st at 2:07 PM.  It was now after 7 PM on Tuesday, July 2nd.  No movement.

What the heck was going on?  This document needed to be at its destination (which is less than a two-hour drive away.)

This morning, as soon as the UPS store opened, we called.  Customer service person has no idea what has happened.  He sees the tracking message, but he also knows that the envelope is not there; that it HAS been picked up.  He knows no more but says when they come to do a pickup today, he will inquire.

All well and good, but it is now 2:07 PM on Wednesday, July 3rd as I write this and I STILL see the same message.

WTF?  

Both my husband and I are quite upset.  Luckily, we were able to connect with the person who was supposed to get the package with the document and the check.  This person was very understanding.  And we did manage to come up with a work around.  (Which thankfully is NOT me driving out to the location over the weekend to get what was needed there in time.)  So all IS well (but not perfect).

I am (needlessly) angry over all this.  We rushed our envelope down to UPS as quickly as we could on Monday.  I paid for priority service.  All I have is...nothing!

I'm ASSuming, that someday the envelope will actually end up where it was supposed to be.  And if I had relied on the service that I had purchased, I would be in, as they say, deep doo doo.  But because both my husband and I are responsible adults, we aren't.

But I am out $17.22.  And when it comes to mail/ship an important document or package next time, I'm not sure what I will do...

(As always, I'm open to suggestions.)


UPDATE:  The package is ACTUALLY on the move:

So this PRIORITY package which was started on MONDAY, July 1st is supposed to reach it's destination (again less than a 2 hour drive away) by TUESDAY, July 8th!  And I paid $17.22 for this?  


Comments

  1. USPS is the worst. Time sensitive ? Literally - I send some "original" documents that were needed in Memphis to take care of business for my dying father. Cost me over $20. Using priority mail, it took 28 days to get to Memphis ! (2 more days and I coulda got a refund, but I digress). Point is, in the time it took to get there, my dad died, making the power of attorney invalid, froze the funds, and things now became a matter for the estate. I hate the USPS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not About Starbucks (or is it)?

As Is

Dear Mom & Dad: Coming to a Close