Dear Mom & Dad: Coming to a Close

 


Dear Mom & Dad,

Last week I prematurely said I sold the house.  (Who knew that the buyer's lawyer would be such a...well you fill in the blank.  I get the feeling that he doesn't like that the seller [me], seller's agent and seller's attorney are all women.  I also get the feeling that he likes to play games which will increase his billable hours.  I'm not naming names [yet] because although paperwork has been signed we are not yet at the finish line and based on my awful experiences of late last week, I still have fears that something could go wrong, even though we clearly outlined everything from the very beginning. )  I am closer and have spent the last weekend doing more packing up and moving out.

This is the hard part.  I have sold the house furnished (although the buyer doesn't want the furnishings).  I am taking some things (more than I had originally outlined), but I can't take it all.  So I'm doing what I can.  Especially with the "smaller" things.  Bedding/linens have been taken to a local thrift shop.  Tide clock, crab trap and a print has been given to our neighbor (and agent...she is amazing and I don't know if I could get through this whole rotten mess without her help and guidance).  I've tried to be thoughtful in all that I have done, but there are things were I have just tossed because I didn't know what to do.  (Sorry...forgive me.)

Although I have no idea when the closing will be (again thanks to the buyer's attorney who would not agree to a set date even though all parties had initially been good with next week), but I have schedule movers to pick up some items on Friday and store them for me until I can move them somewhere else.  Funnily enough this is the same company that moved us from the house we lived in when I was born to the house we moved to when I was six.  (I think they might have also moved some items from that house to the shore years later.)

Once that is done, I will pack up any remaining items and squeeze them into my car.  (My car has been mighty loaded recently.)  I am attempting to cancel the Xfinity service. (Waiting for a call back from them; this should be fun.)  I hope to return their equipment on Saturday, drop off any donations at the local thrift shop (so that I can empty out my car quickly) and drive "home."

Even though all won't be said and done at that point (although I am praying that it will be close), that will be it for me.  (I hope...)  I won't be going back.  I just can't go back; it's all be too much for me.

I've been packing up things for over 2 years now.  It's been difficult in so many ways (mostly emotional).  Now I am down to the bare bones and it doesn't get easier.  

So please watch over me and care for me as I try to finish this painful process.  I pray for no more complications and needless stressors.  (I'd also like to throw in some quality sleep which has been evading me for the past week or so.)  I am ready to move on and I hope you will help me through, as you did when you were alive.

I love you both and miss you so very much.

Me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not About Starbucks (or is it)?

As Is