Why BoA STILL Sucks


Approximately one year ago I was dealing with my mom's estate and Bank of America.  It was a painful and frustrating process (as documented here:  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2022/08/if-you-like-aggravation-youll-love-this.htmlhttps://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2022/08/the-update.htmlhttps://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2022/08/boa-is-annoyed-with-me.html  and https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2022/08/jumping-hurdles.html) exactly what you need while you are grieving and dealing with a million other stressors in life.

Just over a month ago my dad died (which you are well aware of if you've been reading this blog).  Once again I am dealing with Bank of America.  My initial interaction with BoA  went much better thanks to a gentleman (and I mean that in every sense of the word) by the name of Mr. Robinson who helped me previously close out my parent's safe deposit box and then toward the end of last month helped me fill out all the paperwork to close my father's account.  He was diligent.  He made sure he had all the documents he needed and then some (he asked for a copy of the will just in case).  He didn't keep me waiting.  He was clear.  He was compassionate.  I was able to do everything I needed in approximately 30 minutes.  It WAS a good experience.

That ended today when I got a letter from them requesting more information to disburse the funds.  The letter was NOT incredibly clear (or maybe I was just seeing red) and required me filling out yet another form and signing in the presence of a notary. (Never mind the fact that whatever I signed when I was in the BoA was notarized by Mr. Robinson.)  So I filled it out and went to TD Bank where I have an account and got it notarized.  (Note:  TD is much closer to my home, has much better hours and is overall a much nicer place to go and deal with.)  This was done quickly and easily.  (It probably helped that I just had other forms notarized by the same person last week.)  Then I could fax these documents back (we don't have a fax anymore), mail them in (like I trust the US Postal service) or upload them.  But of course, I couldn't upload them because the "feature" wasn't active.  So I had to call their #800 number and get assistance.

The person I finally got on the other end of the line was Donna (who was very nice), but the process wasn't easy.  (No surprise there!)  The way the page is laid out made it confusing.  They requested the death certificate, yet they said the death certificate was completed...but in different sections of the page.  So was is completed?  I don't trust them at all, so...I uploaded the form they sent, the death certificate AND the short certificate from surrogate court.  They SHOULD HAVE HAD the last two, but I was not taking any chances.

Now I get to wait some more...because you know BoA likes to keep you waiting, especially when it comes to giving you money.  I am HOPING (sigh) that because I have requested that the money be distributed to another BoA account (that would be mine...as I am the only beneficiary) that it will be processed quickly.  (I'm NOT holding my breath.)

I can tell you that once the money's in there, it's NOT going to stay there.  Because BoA STILL sucks.


Comments

  1. So does PNC took over 4 months to get my parents funds from their account...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES