Potty Mouth: The Update

 If you're going to read this, you need to have the background information here: https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2023/03/potty-potty.html

Now that you are all caught up, let me continue to tell the tale of the Porta Potty and Jersey Shore Restrooms.

Sunday evening, I received this email: "Good evening! I apologize for my late response! I am back in my office now prepping for tomorrow! I do first want to apologize for any inconvenience, this was absolutely non-intentional, there is a bulk-head job starting tomorrow on that street. I am assuming that on delivery it was placed in the wrong spot. I am sending out notifications now to have the unit moved ASAP! I can give you a call first thing tomorrow morning if you would like to further discuss. Again I do apologize for the inconvenience, I l understand this must be a tough time and want to get this resolved ASAP!"

I was feeling pretty good about the situation.  I texted several neighbors, who immediately responded with the information as to what property this was supposed to go on.  If their information was correct, it was for a property on the other side of the street (but not directly across the street.)  It seemed like we were on the right track.

Then early Monday morning I got a text:  "Please check your email! Your neighbor is having bulkhead work started today, unit was placed on your side of the property by accident!"  The way it is phrased it sounds like it was going to be a neighbor on the right or left of the house.  But it is NOT...it is across the street, so this doesn't make sense to me.

I followed up:  "What was the address that the bulkhead is being put on? If it's xxx that is across the street not on my side."  

I heard nothing back.  I emailed again:  "Good Morning, I appreciate your response last night. What are your normal business hours?  My neighbor tried to contact you about this on Friday afternoon (before 5 PM), but just got your answering machine and no call back or responses to her text/email. If you have the time to call me about the issue and removal I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thank you."

No answer.  Hours went by.  Meantime, a Nor’easter is supposed to be heading our way and I KNOW that the roads are going to get flooded.  So around three in the afternoon (after confirming with my father's caregiver that the darned thing was still there), I sent another text.  Below is the exchange.

Me:  Just following up.  When will you be moving the porta potty?

Jersey Shore Restrooms (JSR): Good afternoon! The contractor was notified of the misplacement! Should be moved already! 

Me:  Well it's still there and has been since Friday.  I was told it would be removed today 

JSR:  will personally come with a hand cart and move it on my way home from work 

Me: Thank you...Might I have your name?  

JSR: Allison Z...the owner 

ME: Thank you Allison.  We will be on the lookout.  

JSR: I will have a tech, tech dean in the area tomorrow morning would you be comfortable with him coming and moving it securely across the street? I just want to make sure the unit is placed correctly with this weather coming thought to make sure it is not a problem 

Me:  am concerned with the weather myself and would not like the unit on my property when the Nor’easter hits. I have already had neighbors express concerns about it tipping over.

JSR: I will move it to xxx but cannot guarantee it will not tip over, it is on the contractor to secure the unit 

ME: I am sure it will be fine at xxx which is across the street to the south of my property

Actually I don't think the tipping over will be an issue.  What IS an issue is that I was told that the thing would be removed and it hasn't.  

I realize this is probably a pain in the you know what for the owner of JSR, but it's a much bigger nuisance for me.  The good feelings that I had last night have been replaced with irritation.  

 I never heard again from the owner or anyone else at the company.  At 5:45 I did get a text from my father's caregiver that the potty had been moved (across the street), so I guess all's well that ends well. At least that's what Shakespeare said, but I don't think he was talking about porta potties.  Or maybe he was.  "To pee or not to pee, that is the question."  Or was it?  In any event, I do wonder if this move would have happened at all on Monday if I hadn't pursued it.  (Or, if I hadn't been a pain the you know what.)  Probably not, but I'll never know for sure.  What I DO know it that there's no purple potty for me and that's a good thing!  

(If you're in Ocean County and looking for a place to relieve yourself...give me a call and I'll direct you!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving