Screwing Up



This is NOT a secret.  I am a screw up.  I make mistakes.  I make a lot of mistakes.  I do the wrong thing; go the wrong way.  Some days I seem to do absolutely nothing right.

This is NOT me putting myself down.  This is me being honest.  This is me being human.

I make mistakes.  I try to learn from those mistakes.  Sometimes I don't and I make the same mistake again.

Sometimes I second guess myself.  I try to be two steps ahead, which actually sets me 5 steps back.

Recently I've been doing a lot of spreadsheet analysis.  I've been checking and double checking numbers to make sure they match up and align.  I can't tell you how many times I've thought I've gotten it right only to find out I didn't.  I've screwed up more times than I'd care to admit.

But I DO admit it.

I OWN my mistakes.  

I don't pass the buck.  I don't try to blame someone else.  I may point out an error on my part was not completely my own, but I always claim responsibility for my part.

It's not easy and it's NOT fun.  But it's what I NEED to do.  It's what we should ALL do.

Forget the lies.  Forget the excuses.  OWN your mistakes.  Admit to them and move forward.  TRY not to do the same thing again.  But if you do, don't beat yourself up over it. Admit it. OWN it.  Move forward again.  

Learn from your mistakes.  Try to learn from it the first time around, but it may take more than once.  It's not because you or I are a total screw up.  It's because we are human beings.  Human beings who are not perfect.  Human beings who by our very nature are flawed.

Sure we want to be perfect, but we're never going to be.  (No matter what Facebook or Photoshop say.)  Don't be proud of your mistakes, but own them.  OWN them.  They are yours and they are yours for a reason.

Then let it go and move forward.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes.  By avoiding them, you may just make more.  (And nobody wants that.  Take the chance and if its a mistake...learn and move on.


And when another screw up slaps you in the face, remember that it's part of life.  No beating yourself up.  Just the resolve to try to do better.  Then let it go.

We all have a path in life; full of lumps and bumps.  We ALL screw up.  Remember.  We ALL screw up.  It's part of our humanity.  But to be better human beings, admit it, learn from it and go from there.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES