Waiting


 Yesterday was all about my dad's nuclear stress test:  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/stress-test.html.  Today is about waiting for the results.

I held off till about noon before I called the doctor's office.  Yesterday, David who did the test, said the results would ready today.  Called and got through with surprising ease.  I said I was calling for John's results.  The person seemed to think that they had been done but did not give me the results.  (No surprise I should have lied and said I was from Dr. X's office.)  The person I spoke to said the office would reach out to him within a day or two if there were any problems.

I don't trust that so...

I asked to be transferred to Pam who I spoke with yesterday.  I got put on hold.  I held for about five minutes with LOUD annoying music (can't say if it was the doctor's on hold music that was loud or if it had something to do with my parent's phone).  Then Pam came on and I told her who I was and that I understood the results were in and wanted to confirm that they would be sent to the spine doctor's office.  She said they would and that it would take about 3 days to type up the form.  (3 days, really?).  She confirmed that she had the note that she wrote yesterday and that my father had follow up visits in January 2022.  (Honestly, I don't care about any of the follow up visits...I just want to get him cleared for the procedure.)  She also said that no news was good news; they only call if there is an issue and they call within a day or two of the procedure.  

So, I will keep waiting...I'll wait till noon on Friday at which point I will call the spine doctor's office and find out if they have gotten the results yet.  If they haven't; I'll call the cardiologist again.  Yes, I am that pain in the A** that you don't want to deal with.  I'm hoping they don't want to deal with me; maybe it will motivate them to do what they said they would do.  I'll keep calling until I get confirmation that the spine doctor has the paperwork he needs and then I'll get into scheduling an appointment for the procedure.

With the Christmas just around the corner (yes, it IS closer than you think), I don't know when we'll be able to find a slot.  Can we get this done before the new year?  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  (If you are reading this and threw in some prayers, I wouldn't turn them down.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving