Time For Some Lipstick?

 You can take your mask off.  Well you can take your mask off IF you've been fully vaccinated.  I hope you ARE or WILL BE fully vaccinated because we've been in this lock down for so long that it's time we took control.  Get vaccinated and get out there.  Breathe a sigh of relief and hug somebody if you're vaccinated.  Shout hoorah!

Going mask less is going to be a little strange a first.  So will be putting on makeup again.  Especially putting on lipstick.  

I don't know about you, but since March of 2020, I really haven't been putting on much.  Every day prior to March 13th, I'd get up, wash, blow dry and style my hair, get dressed and put on some makeup.  Then I was off.  With the shut down, I still got up.  I washed my hair, but I rarely styled it. I got dressed, but pretty casually.  (I didn't wear pjs or sweats, but I was into leggings and jeans)   The makeup pretty much stayed in the cabinet. 

Even when I went out, the makeup was minimal.  Lipstick just made a mess on the mask.   So did foundation, I did put on some eyeshadow and maybe a little maybe a little mascara.  That was it.  Maybe I did a little more with "the face" when I had a camera's on meeting, but (thankfully) those were few and far between.  Most of the time people were keeping their cameras off (at least in my world).

Those days will be soon be over.  At least that's what I'm thinking.  Maybe it's shallow of me, but I'm ready to do my hair and put on some makeup and go out there.

During the pandemic, I did some serious tossing of lipsticks.  As I said I was still using eye shadow and some mascara.  I probably should think about getting replacements for those too.  I have been hesitant to do so because I just don't go out shopping all that much.  Or at least I haven't physically done a lot of that for a while.

However, when it came to lipstick, I DID go online Maybe I shouldn't have because I think I went a little hog-wild:


I know, I say, don't get sucked into Facebook advertising.   But I did do my research (https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2021/04/its-scam.html) and while every lipstick is not exactly what I had wanted, a problem that I've had even when I shop in person, I'm pretty happy with what I have.  I've tried most of them out, but I've had nowhere to go to show off my colorful lips.

Hopefully that will be changing soon.  I’m ready to get out there.  Out where?  I’m not sure yet, but wherever it is, I’m ready to go!

My lips are ready...

If anyone has any suggestions on quality (but not expensive) mascara and maybe even some eyeshadow...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving