New Month; New Whine

I spent much of the month of November counting my blessings.  I wrote a message of gratitude every day. It really made me realize how much I DO have to be thankful for.  I really only bitched once here:  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2020/11/screened-in.html and that was more than halfway through the month.  And I AM thankful for so many things, but...

Yes, it's the first of the month and I am bitching and moaning right off the bat.  So on this, the first day of the last month of this most horrible year, I'm going to going to let it all fly.  And you can thank Home Depot for today's post.

I know we are in the middle of a pandemic.  I also know that people are doing whatever they can to bring some joy into their lives. Many of us are spending money on things we don't necessarily need, but we want.  We've been denied much; why shouldn't we indulge a little?

Since the holidays are looking a lot different this year, I know I'm compensating with decorations.  I really wanted something new for our lawn.  I saw some items on the Home Depot website (Warning!  Warning) and even went out to our "local" store to poke around.  There was nothing that really grabbed me and much of what tickled my fancy on line was WAY out of my price range.  (I can indulge, but not THAT much.)

What DID catch my eye, even though it was not for outdoor use, was a life size Santa.

I thought he was kind of cute and more importantly he wasn't that expensive.  Under $100!  Of course you couldn't get him in the store.  He had to be shipped to you; delivered to your door from a (somewhat) local store.  The delivery cost was almost as much as the actual decoration.  But after much thought, my holiday hunger kicked in and I ordered him on Saturday.

No, I couldn't put him outside and I don't have a covered porch to keep him safe, but I could place him inside by a window.  I thought it would be really kind of cool for anyone who might glance inside and see Santa there.  Visions of sugar plums were not dancing in my head, but I was having serious Santa vision.

I quickly get my confirmation email from Home Depot:

Text Box: THANKS FOR YOUR ORDER,
ELIZABETH! 
We'll deliver your order on November 30 
between 6 am - 8 pm 
	Check Order Status

Order Number

WJ24408692

Order Date

Nov. 28, 2020

Some deliveries may be delayed or rescheduled due to current operating conditions. We appreciate your patience as we work to ensure the safety of our customers and drivers.

You have selected Outside Delivery for your order. We'll deliver your items to an area outside your house that is accessible by delivery equipment. If you need to reschedule delivery please call us at 800-430-3376.

Thank you,
The Home Depot Team

Your Order

Delivery from Store Details

Delivery Address

Delivery Window


Monday, November 30, 2020
6 am-8 pm.

Item

Unit Price

Qty

Item Total

Product Image

Home Accents Holiday 5 ft. Life Size Standing Santa Claus

Store SKU # 1005358493
Internet # 312821431


Yes, I have purposely blocked out certain personal info on the above.  You'll notice how it says that I selected Outside Delivery.  I didn't select it; I had no choice...there was no other option.  Again, I say the cost of the delivery was almost as much as the actual cost of the figure.

I want to surprise my guys with this, so I tell them that I will be receiving a shipment on Monday, but do not tell them what.

Monday morning is wet and dreary.  I'm figuring the box is going to show up either ultra early, ultra later or whenever the rain is coming down the hardest.  (Which is actually most of the day.)  I keep my eyes and ears open because as soon as that truck shows up, I want to get the box inside.

At around 2:30 PM this afternoon I get a call from Home Depot.  Being the optimist that I am (no laughing), I figured they were calling to say they were on their way.  WRONG.  They are completely out of stock and are cancelling my order.

Minutes later I get this email:

Number: WJ24408692
Order Date: Nov. 28, 2020

Hi Elizabeth,



The below item(s) have been canceled from your order.


A refund will be issued to the payment method used to place the order. Refunds typically reflect within 3-5 business days, though this can vary based on bank processing times.

If you'd like help finding alternative products, please contact The Home Depot Online Customer Support at 800-430-3376, or you can continue your search at homedepot.com.

Sincerely,
The Home Depot Online Customer Support


Now there are a couple of things that bother me:

  • They've had my order for over 24 hours and they are just figuring out now that they are out of stock?  Shouldn't someone be keeping a better eye on this?
  • They can charge my credit card right away, but they can't refund it right away?
  • The refund amount does not show the delivery fee 
  • The item is still on sale on the website, but there is no way to purchase it. (Makes lots of sense, right?)
It is worth noting that I CAN buy this exact Santa on eBay should I chose to.  Just one little thing; it's five times the amount that Home Depot is selling it for.  (As are most of the other life size Santas that I've found.)

So thanks to Home Depot, there'll be no Santa for me.  Maybe it's time to call out the Elf on the Shelf?  


  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES