I Want To Go To Disney World...



I want to go to Disney World
To fly there on a plane
I'd travel in first class of course
The pilot would know my name

At MCO I'd be met
And driven to my resort
The Grand Floridian or Polynesian
My choice as my home port

At the Magic Kingdom
I'd go on every ride

I'd tour the Haunted Mansion
Ghost host right by my side

At Hollywood Studios I would dine
At Epcot I would drink
Animal Kingdom I'd tour slowly

So much to see and do, I think

Or perhaps...


I want to go to the beach
To stand on the ocean shore
To watch the sunrise and later set
To feel the breeze once more
The smell of suntan lotion
the sound of crashing sea
I'd dive right in to meet the waves
Let the ocean carry me

I'd build a tall sandcastle
Feel the sun upon my face
My whole day would be perfect
In this calm and beautiful place

Or maybe...


I want to go to the mountains
where the air is fresh and clean
Sit back and simply listen
as nature is so serene

From a rocking chair on a porch 
I'd watch fluffy clouds go by
I'd sip my coffee or my wine
As overhead birds would fly

I'd hike beside a mountain stream
I'd canoe the pristine lake
Evenings I would count the stars
As if they were mine to take


But still...


I will not go to Disney World 

Nor the mountains or the sea
Now is NOT the time to do so
Home is where I must be

What I want and what I need
They are two different things
I need to keep my family safe
Nestled safe under my wings

To heal this broken and ailing world
To rid it of this pandemic
We ALL must do what experts recommend
To avoid further epidemic

Stay home; stay safe
Wear a mask and keep your distance 

It may not be what we want
But what we need in this instance

There will be time for Disney World
For the mountains and the sea
For all the places we love to go
With friends and family

But now is NOT the time my friends
To do so would be wrong
Show respect; act responsibly
Or else our wait will be so long

We want to work, we want to play
We want to hug our friends
But we MUST wait; help save mankind
Or this may never end

There will be time for Disney World
For shopping at the mall
But for now, we NEED to wait
For the health of one and all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES