One Down...

The first month of the year is over!  Woo Hoo!


I'm not sure why I'm so excited about that.  It wasn't that January was such a horrible month or that I think 2018 is going to be the worst year on record (for me or anyone else).  But for some reason (and I can't quite put my finger on it), this January has just been...for lack of a better word: BLECH!  (And that's not even officially a word!)

There were extremely cold days.  There were unseasonably warm days.  There was snow.  (One snow day and one delayed opening for my son.)  There was ice.  (A fifty pound bag of ice melt was purchased and as of yet has not been used.)  There was illness. (Three days for my son which was highly unusual and warranted a trip to the doctor's office where we saw a PA who said it was most likely the flu; a diagnosis that I disagree with and a bill that hurt my pocketbook, but that's more about insurance than medicine.)

It was the month where I decided I would need to purchase a new vehicle.  Though my intent is NOT to do so until spring.  Why destroy a new SUV with rock salt?  (Fun Fact:  My car was twice damaged during the winter months through no fault of my own.  My bumper was cracked and my driver side mirror smashed.  You can see why I wouldn't be keen on getting a new car until spring!)

I am also strangely geeked out and excited with the prospect of receiving a new phone either today or tomorrow.  It took me a long time to figure out what to get.  When my beloved Nexxus died (https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2016/10/requiem-for-nexus-4.html), I went cheap.  I thought I was doing the right thing at the time, but it quickly became apparent I did not.  I bitched and moaned about my Samsung and its limitations for a year.  I was reluctant to purchase something new as I hate throwing good money after bad.  But less than 2 years after the purchase, I've thrown in the towel.  (And hubby told me I should do it before I get the new car, which makes sense as why would you want to go through the syncing process more than once in a year?)  I did research.  I did price checking.  I solicited input from others.  In the end I found a middle of the road Motorola that should do the trick.  (Not the latest and greatest, but...)  I have to say I was hesitant to purchase a Motorola NOT because of anything that I had heard or read, but because I can't stand their ads!  (Seriously, Motorola I didn't even want to consider you because of your commercials.  I hope someone takes that to heart.)  I am eagerly looking forward to playing with my new "toy" over the weekend.  (And that is the only thing I am excited about for the weekend...)


February, while it can be a cruel and cold month (and I certainly don't look forward to that), is only 28 days long.  (Although it can FEEL much longer.)  With the advent of February, we are marching closer to spring, warm weather and longer days.  That's something that always makes me smile...and any reason to smile is a good one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving