Beginning With A...

I just finished my first book of 2018 (which I started on December 30th of 2017), 


Happiness: The Crooked Little Road to Semi-Ever After by Heather Harpham.  I don't know if this counts as my last book of 2017 or my first of 2018, but I'm going to go with 2018.  I'm also going out on a limb and saying it will probably be one of the best of 2018 for me.  So, yes I am recommending it if you are looking for something to read, as I felt it was a realistic and touching mother's story.  (You should have a box of tissues close at hand though...if you don't cry or at least tear up at some point while reading you have no heart.)


Finishing up Happiness, lead me to the question of what to read next.  I have a whole slew of books on my Nook that I want to tackle, but as I said in a previous post (https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-abbreviated-alphabet.html) I had intended to re-read all of Sue Grafton's "alphabet" books once she had wrapped up with Z.  With her passing, I felt like I should go back to A and go through the whole series again.  BUT I have so many books on my Nook.  (And there has also been discussion with friends about starting a book club.  A virtual one might be possible if anyone out there is reading this; I don't think I'd be able to do a "real" one unless it was over the summer when I think I have more time...although let's face it, that's just an illusion on my part.)  So how to do both?  After all, there are 25 Kinsey Millhone novels (not counting short stories, which I have read) and re-reading all of them will take some time.  And I don't want to have a year of where I read nothing Kinsey (no matter how much I may like the character and Ms. Grafton's writing.)

So here's my plan...I will read 2 Sue Graftons back to back, starting with A.  I will then take a break and read something else.  (So if I DO start or participate in a book club I will have time to read whatever might be on the agenda.)  Then it's back to 2 Graftons and the cycle repeats.  This was way I stay true to the series (which I what I want to do) but I won't get burned out.  (Too much of a good thing CAN be too much!)

So here's to jumping back in at the beginning; starting now with A is for Alibi.

(If anyone has any suggestions as to what I might try after B is for Burglar but before C is for Corpse, now is the time to chime in!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES