Let's Complain About the Weather...

Perhaps it's the one thing we all have in common; the one thing we can agree on.  We all complain about the weather.  Not all the time, but it's certainly a topic that we all grip about on a regular basis.  We all know there's nothing you can do about it, but we all love to bitch and moan about it.

Here in my part of the world (that would be the "mid-Atlantic states") just a little over a week ago my son was outside without a coat.  At the time I wrote: http://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2017/02/taking-advantage-of-spring.html.  I did take advantage of it.  Perhaps I got too comfortable with it.

This past weekend felt more like January than March.  I had been lulled into that sense of spring security.  Its March it should be warm, right?  Wrong!  My husband and I were away from home for the weekend.  I just had a light coat.  When I went out to get coffee for myself on Saturday morning, I had to walk less than a block outside.  I borrowed his down winter coat.  Smart man bringing a warm winter coat when temperatures were to be in the 30s.  Not smart on my count, as I figured we would be indoors most of the weekend and wouldn't need a coat.  When it's that cold and windy, I need a coat even to venture out for a few minutes.  (Perhaps you hardy Midwesterners will laugh at that, but...) It didn't help that the hall that we were in was kept at around 61.  By Sunday afternoon I was wearing his coat INSIDE I was so cold!  (I did ask the hotel staff to turn up the heat.  I don't know if they did or not.  Just down the hall from where we were "stationed" was much warmer and there were other location in the hotel which were toasty.  Time to change that air flow.)

To top it off, with the days getting longer .The drive home at night is now directly  into the sun as it goes down instead of the darkness.  The morning darkness blossoms into day light earlier.  And don't forget we'll be setting those clocks back this upcoming weekend (March 12th at 2 AM for those who care to stay up and watch the clock). Spring was supposed to be here, but March has tricked us.

The old saying “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" is somewhat apropos this year.  Like a lion, March has had its roar of cold.  But it's also come in like the whirlwind of a Tasmanian Devil (or at least the one of the Warner Brother cartoons).  It's whipped and blown.  But then there were days where it has been like a dove:  calm, peaceful and slightly cool.  

We're not too far into the month and it's already been a time of beautiful spring like weather and brutal winter cold.  (I'm not going to say that "S" word...you know the one that I mean.)  With all this swinging and swaying of temperatures, we've got a right to complain.  We've been lulled into thoughts of spring, how dare the month take us back to winter!


March, you are a meanie!  And I'm going to complain about it all the way through.  (Or at least until it gets warm again.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES