Rain, Rain...Go AWAY!




 It's raining.  AGAIN!  We had very little snow this winter (and it's now spring), but we had TONS of rain.  (And there is a chance of snow tonight...)  I'm tired/fed up with red alerts from the weather forecasters.  (No, I'm not blaming them...)  There is just too much rain!  (And too much stress.)  

Now I AM grateful that Easter was sunny and warmish.  Monday was just icky and overcast with some rain drops.  Tuesday...was rainy.  I tried to time my walk to the bus stop so that I wouldn't have to wait too long.  And it actually worked.  (Bonus I was able to grab the recycling bin before I left since they came to pick it up early.  A semi-dry bin is a big win.)  However, the wind made an umbrella impossible to handle and water dripped off my hood down to my feet (which were nice and wet).  When I got to work, I was a mess.  (I'd say a hot mess, but I was cold).  And I stayed a straggly mess the whole day through. When I got home last night, all I wanted to do was crash.  Thankfully, I was able to do just that.  (A hot bath and left over mimosas from Easter brunch made the day a little better.)

This morning the weather is worse than yesterday.  And it's supposed to deteriorate even further as the day goes on.  I hear that some places may even get snow?  What is up with that?

I took a later bus this morning because the bus I usually take (and which I took yesterday morning) did not show up on the transit app.  (I ASSumed that there was an issue with the bus.) The later bus I pick up closer to home, which is a bonus when the weather is as dreadful as it was this morning.  But what ticked me off is that as I headed out for the later bus, the earlier bus suddenly appeared on the app, but there was no way for me to get to the stop in time.  (This is why I have a love/hate relationship with the transit app.)  At least the bus I took arrived on time and got me out of the rain, even though it went slowly.  (I'm guessing because of the weather.  It WASN'T because of people getting on and off because the bus, like yesterday, was pretty empty.  Either everyone's on spring break this week OR very few people are willing to head out to work or wherever they go during the inclement weather.)

Still I should be (and am) grateful that I got to work.  And to reward myself I went to get a Dunkin latte (chocolate raspberry since Lent is over).  I love being able to order in the app and then just running downstairs to pick it up.  (Especially since I had accumulated enough points to merit a free beverage).  However, when I went to place my order in the app, I got an error message.  So I had to place the order in person (first world problems, right?) and as a result I paid for the latte instead of getting it for free.  No biggie (it's not like the offer is going away), but I ordered a medium instead of a small by mistake.   Again, first world problems.  

While I was downstairs, I visited the (lone) convenience shop in the area and purchased a lottery ticket.   I bought a ticket for Saturday's drawing and WON!  (But only $4).  With my winnings I purchased another ticket (as well as "winning" $2), which won nothing.  Tonight's drawing is for over a BILLION dollars.  I could do a lot with a billion.  (And I took the annuity option so that that I ALL the money...although after taxes how much would this be?  Of, the complications that could come with winning lots of money.  I'm ready to deal with it and PROMISE not to complain about it...oh, who am I kidding, even if I won a billion [or more], I'd still complain!)  Fingers crossed that luck will be on my side...Barbie isn't the only one who need a dream house; Bfth needs one too!

Of course maybe all this rain is my fault.  After all, I just started reading David McCullough's The Johnstown Flood.  Probably not the best reading material for this week.  (This is no reflection on the book.  David McCullough was an excellent historian and I've enjoyed several of his works such as John Adams and 1776.)  Maybe I should have waited until we were experiencing a drought before starting it?  (With all the rain we've gotten this year alone if I wait for a dry spell, I won't end up reading this book for months or maybe longer?)

To try and look on the bright side (on this dark day), we should have plenty of May flowers. (Since April showers bring May flowers…of course the showers have been around since the beginning of the year.)  I’m all about the flowers.  (Although I’m NOT about the pollen that comes as the earth begins to green around us.)  The colors that the pending buds bring will certainly be welcome after the sogginess of the week. (And then some.)  We may only be several days into April, but I’m ready for those flowers and a touch of spring…aren’t we all?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES