Here or There

We've all had the dilemma:  needing to be in two places (or maybe more than two places) at once. Sometimes the decision as to where to be is simple.  Sometimes not so much.  Today is one of the not so much days...

So here are today's two choices, besides work that is.  But it's a summer Friday so I work until noon (ha ha...if I ever get out exactly at noon I'll buy a lottery ticket because I WILL be blessed).

Also, because it's summer, this week my son is attending a day camp.  The camp is a theater camp and runs daily from 9:30 - 2:30.  It's (sort of) within walking distance from our house so I don't have to take him or pick him up.  He's on his own.  (It is about a mile and is up hill both ways...seriously! Good thing he takes after his mom and is a WALKER!)  He says he's enjoying it. (I'm lucky that I can get that much out of him!)   They work on a "show" Monday-Thursday and then on Friday afternoon do a 20 or so minute performance.  (I'm assuming musical numbers and brief scenes from the show.)  We've been encouraging him to become involved in theater.  He's got a flair and talent.  So I definitely want to see what happens on Friday.

However...

My father is having same day surgery today!

Flashback!  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2018/06/havent-i-been-here-before.html.  Same procedure as that Friday back in June.  Same hospital.  Same surgeon.  As I said back then, I feel that it's important that I be there to support my dad AND my mom.

But the hospital is 70+ miles away from where my son will be performing.  That's an hour and a half drive on a good day.  My dad needs to be at the hospital by eleven, which means surgery will be around 12:30-1:00 pm; my son's show is at 2.  So what's it going to be?  Here or there?

So what to do?  Am I good mom and go see my son perform?  Am I a good daughter and be with my mom and dad?

I AM a good Mom.

I AM a good Daughter.

But I can't do both.  No matter what decision I make, I'm going to feel guilty...

So what did I do?  I made a choice and...



STILL good daughter; but also a good mom.

Did I make the right choice?  There's no way of knowing.  There never is.  You make a decision and stand by it.  

Now onto the next here or there...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES