Sixth Sunday in Lent: Psalms and Palms



Sunday's lectionary reading is dependent on whether one considers this Palm or Passion Sunday.  Palm Sunday lectionary readings are Psalm 118:1-2, 19-29, Mark 11:1-11, John 12:12-16.  Passion Sunday readings are:  Isaiah 50:4-9a, Psalm 31:9-16, Philippians 2:5-11, Mark 14:1-15:47, Mark 15:1-39, (40-47).  I am of the mind that the passion takes a nearly a full week (Monday-Saturday) and I feel that I/we need to experience the joy that Jesus's followers felt on that day when they waved their palm branches to welcome him.

After the darkness of winter, I need the joy of warm weather, even though the cold and dark may not yet be over. Though the week that is coming will bring darkness, Palm Sunday is a day to celebrate and rejoice.  "O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever! ..Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the LORD. I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation. The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it... Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD. We bless you from the house of the LORD... O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever."

Seize this day and rejoice as you greet the Lord.  Celebrate, even though you know that sadness will follow.  Take advantage of the now and let your heart be light. Take pleasure in all the little blessings that fill your life.  Shout Hosanna and  Rejoice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES