It's A Small World After All: The Salt and Pepper Man Story Continues

The internet and social media have lots of flaws.  I'll be the first to admit that I spend (waste?) too much time surfing the net and scouring social media.  But then there is the joy when something wonderful and unexpected pops up.  There are the "Aha!' moments and the little treats that can make your day.



Such was the case last Thursday evening when I got a phone call.

Before I talk about the call, let me give you a little background on the caller.  When the phone rang, caller ID let me know it was a friend from church. P is one of those wonderful people who lights up a room, always has a good word to say and makes you feel good just by speaking with her.  She is incredibly kind and compassionate.  PLUS she is also one of those people who is always incredibly put together.  She's got a sense of style that I am incredibly jealous of.  Truly, she could wear a burlap sack  and a torn pair of jeans and STILL look incredible.  Of course her true beauty radiates from within and I am always happy to see her because I know no matter what kind of mood I am in, I will leave her with a lightened mood.

Back to the phone call...

I figured she was either calling my husband for computer help (because he's done some repair work for her before) or wanted my assistance with a church related function. I was wrong.  She was calling about my blog. More specifically she was calling about Paul, the Salt and Pepper Man!

Though now retired, she was an executive officer at a large business insurance and risk management consulting firm.  And as it turns out, Paul worked for the same company.  Although they did not have day to day interaction, she knew him well enough to confirm that his mother had been ill, he lived with her to help out and that his residence and employer were in the same town.  (She also confided, that she thought he was a little strange too!)  Her call made my day (and I told her as much).  I could never have imagined that when I picked up the phone that she would be the one to tell me all about Paul!  It was a wonderful gift thanks to the internet (and to P!)

When I first wrote about Salt and Pepper man, I had hoped someone would be able to identify him and give me some more background.  I assumed that person would be somehow related to the Beatles convention that we attend.  I never in a million years dreamed that it would be some he worked with and that I was friends with.  It IS a small world.  A strange and small one...and it just goes to show that when it comes to the internet...you NEVER know!

(Hope to see you Paul today, tomorrow or Sunday!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving