You Can Put Lipstick on a Pig...

...but it's still a pig, right? Well this girl is no longer a pig and happy to be wearing lipstick again!

If you read last Friday's post, you'll remember that I didn't have that despite nearly 50 years of experience, I still didn't have that walking thing down. (http://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/early-morning-walk-still-learning-to.html) One of the worst things was the "cement burn" that I had on my upper lip.  Blood continued to gush out of it for over an hour.  (Which was an eternity in my mind.)  A little ice helped with the swelling, but the day after the fall I still had puffy lip and an ugly scab that would open up if I laughed or smiled.  (A problem for me, as I LIKE to smile/laugh and do so frequently throughout the day.)  Not to mention the fact that it hurt.

But here I am, a week later and I am able too wear lipstick.  The ugliness has pretty much abated.  (If you get close to me you can still see some of the remaining scab.)  Furthermore, my left arm (which took the brunt of the injury) is healing nicely and the giant bruise on my right leg (which formed into the shape of a large hidden Mickey; do you think I am obsessing about my future Disney World vacation a little too much?) is starting to fade.

Life may not be perfect, but life IS good.

Image result for lipstick kiss





Comments

  1. I was on a long walk this morning and tripped over nothing and just barely caught myself, I thought of you!! Glad it's better and I'm obsessing about your trip too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES