I Will Miss The Park

I am leaving my current position and moving to a new company soon.   That's not to say that I'm unhappy with where I am (or was), but a new opportunity arose elsewhere and so I am trodding out a new path.  There are several things that I will miss such  the people (a company cannot be a good one without good and caring people; I have been blessed to work with some truly wonderful people over the past several years.  There are too many to name; you know who you are!) and the commute (20-25 minutes on local roads).  But most of all I will miss the park.

My current office is in an old industrial park.  There are 18 wheelers coming in and out all the time.  There is lots of dust and dirt. (My car hasn't been clean since I started working here!)  But just five minutes away by car, or fifteen if I walk, is an oasis.  A park with a small lake and lots of space.  I can walk around, but mostly I like to find a park bench (and there are plenty of them), sit down and read on my lunch hour.  With fresh air and sunshine, even for just 10 minutes, I am refreshed.



There's nothing like it where I am going.  (At least that I am aware of...and certainly nothing within walking distance.)  As I thought about it, the park is what I will miss the most.




All winter long I was anxious for the warmer weather to return so I could go to the park.  Summer afternoons I would sit on a bench or at one of the picnic tables that are set up in various areas, have lunch and read.  In autumn I walked the leaves change color; and there were always so many wonderful colors.



 It was a place to gather my thoughts.  A much needed break during the day.  Now that I am leaving, I realize how much I needed the park!   I will truly miss it.  (And this is despite the fact that early on in my employment I lost my keys here and never found them.  They were never turned in, which to this day puzzles me.  Since then I have ALWAYS walked to the park and not driven.)






Everybody needs an oasis to get away to when the work day gets too much.  This park was mine.  As I wrap up my last week, I will go and sit on "my bench" and say goodbye in my own way.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES