November 1

Happy All Saint's Day!

Did everyone survive Halloween?  Hope you had lots of POLITE trick or treaters visit your home and that your candy bowl is now empty!  (Because we've got to get prepared for the next food holiday -- Thanksgiving).  Sadly our bowl is still pretty full.  With all of the bad weather over the last few years, we were hopeful that this year would be the one where things returned to "normal".  And although my son and I went out and saw kids, our little block saw next to nothing.  Don't know where our treats are going to go! (I'm NOT going to eat them!  Or at least that's what I'm telling my waistline!)

Don't forget that on Saturday night/Sunday morning the clocks get turned back.  While I love it being a little lighter in the morning (who doesn't?  It makes it so much easier to get up and out of bed!), is there anyone out there who likes the darkness rolling in so early?  Give me a week and I'll be ready for spring again!

As we enter November and the Thanksgiving season (although it doesn't get half of the publicity that the moneymaking Christmas and Halloween do), I'm counting all my blessing.  I know I've had more than my share of complaints this year, but I am also thankful for all that I have.  And I'm going to make an effort to daily remember them.

What if we all did?  If we all counted our blessing instead of grumbling about the unfairness of it all.  (And I know life can be terribly unfair!).  I'm going to give it a try?  How about you???

Comments

  1. I think I might be the only person on the planet who likes the time change. It gets lighter earlier (yea!) it gets darker earlier (which makes for nice evenings by the fireplace) and it's only 2 hrs time difference between mom and I (since Arizona does not change time. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES