Bfth's Brilliant Solution: Take That Government

If you've read my blog before you probably know that I don't care what side of the fence you are on when it comes to politics.  I've got plenty of friends on the left and plenty on the right.  I even have some in the middle.  And while none of us agree on much of anything politically, I think we'd all agree that this nonsense in Washington (no blaming, no pointing fingers) has gone on way too long.

But have no fear...I have a solution.

We recall EVERYONE in the Senate and the House.  You've had your turn.  You've failed.  You're out.

Then one person from each state in the US is randomly chosen to represent their state in Washington.  It's kind of like getting picked for jury duty.  Anyone from let's say 18-100 has a chance to get picked.  50 people randomly pulled from the pool.  Doesn't matter if you're black or white, male or female, gay or straight, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Atheist...well you get the idea.  Because it's random these people could be anyone.  We might have convicts and drug addicts alongside some of the Hollywood's hottest.  People who haven't had an education past elementary school and people who graduated at the top of their class at Harvard.  It doesn't matter.  50 people are just randomly selected.

You're probably wondering what happens if someone who is selected can't serve.  You know, a person could be in the hospital.  In that case the state that the person is from doesn't get a representative.  No whining that it's not fair.  That's just the way it is.

They have two weeks to try and solve this problem that we have. Two weeks to come up with a solution that then is presented to the entire US as well as the president and vice president.  (I know, I didn't recall them...I'm still giving them a chance.  And it doesn't matter that our current President is a Democrat.  If this happened again with the Republican President, the same rules would apply.)

Now what if they can't come up with a solution? Well they all get sent home; heads hung in shame and the whole process starts over again with another random selection of 50 people.

Somewhere along the line a solution has to be found.  I mean, 50 random people can't do any worse than what we've already got, can they?  Who knows maybe we'll even find out that the "average" person without any lobbyists or special interest groups can actually come up with a plan to benefit the people of the United States.  Maybe this truly diverse and completely random group of people might be able to work together (like we were all taught back in Kindergarten) and come up with a solution to some of our country's problems.

OK, so I know that this is not going to happen.  But you've got to admit it's a brilliant solution, isn't it?

Comments

  1. Not bad, not bad at all...too bad Congress doesn't have your kind of common sense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. In fact the more I thought about it the more I liked it. I served on jury duty a few years ago and it was one of the most interesting things I have ever done. But the whole getting everyone to agree/work together thing is TOUGH! Finally I think other jurors gave in because they just wanted to go home...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving