Chips & Pickles (Pickles & Chips)


I like food. I am fat. Even when I was at my absolute finished, which wasn't that thin, I was still fat. Now I am not at my thinnest, which I doubt I will ever be again, and I am still fat. And I still like food. 

I can't decide if I would be thinner or fatter if I didn't have the multitude of food allergies that I have. Would being able to get anything I wanted to make me more discriminating and/or eat less? Or is the fact that I am restricted to certain things that makes me eat more of what I can eat? This question will probably never be answered. 

I do have questions about two food items that I can eat and that I really like. Maybe someone out there can answer them for me. Let's give it a go shall we? 

  1. B&G bread and butter pickles: In my book these are the best pickles out there. I prefer the chips over the sandwich slices but will take either. They used to be relatively inexpensive. And so did their sweet relish. That changed around the time of the pandemic. All around that time it became more and more difficult to find the bread and butter pickles. Now that I am living most of the time in the Poconos, it is become difficult if not impossible to find B&G bread and butter pickles. And I'm not just talking about one specific size, because if I could I'd buy the largest jar that they have. It's just that B&G seems to have mostly disappeared from the shelves in Pennsylvania. I have tried other brands. They have all disappointed me. I don't know what it is about B&G but I am devoted to them. (And I swear it has nothing to do with the fact that the company is New Jersey based). It has gotten to the point that I can't find almost any B&G product in my local Pocono grocery stores. As a result I resorted to buying B&G pickles whenever I am in New Jersey. But even then, I had difficulty finding what I wanted. Yes I had to settle for the sandwich slices. And I made sure I bought more than one jar which were over $4 each which is highway robbery in my book but then again I'm an old lady so what do I know. What is going on with B&B bread and butter pickles? What is going on in general with B&B pickles and other foods stuffs? B&G, help me! I need your bread and butter pickles. The world needs your bread and butter pickles.
  2. Middleswarth potato chips:  I am a salty snack gal.  I'm also a sweet snack kind of gal.  I just like snacks.  Who doesn't?  I was never much of a potato chip gal though.  I have always been a popcorn girl.  I like my nachos.  Pretzels are great.  Potato chips I can take or leave.  For the most part I leave 'em.  But some things just call for potato chips.  A good corned beef sandwich calls for a side of potato chips.  (As well as a garlic dill pickle and in my case, vegan based coleslaw.)  So I'd have some potato chips from time to time.  But if you were looking in my pantry for snacks (and what are you doing in my pantry anyway), you probably wouldn't find potato chips.  However, one day, when talking to a co-worker about living (for the most part) in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, he (who went to college at Susquehanna University) said I had to try Middleswarth Bar-B-Q.  So I did.  And they were pretty darned good Bar-B-Q chips.  But I'm not that into Bar-B-Q (at least when it comes to chips).  I bought 2 bags and gave one to him.  That was that, right?  Wrong!  Our local grocery store happened to have a deal if you bought two bags.  We needed potato chips (regular, not Bar-B-Q) and so we got them.  We ate them and it was a revelation!  (Seriously!  Well...mostly seriously.)  These were NOT greasy, salty chips.  These were chips where you could taste the potato.  They were salty, but not too salty.  They weren't greasy.  They were pretty sturdy too.  My husband was in heaven.  I decided that I actually LIKE potato chips.  We have sworn that we will NEVER buy any other kind of potato chip.  I am sticking by that.  (Even if we have to order online and have them shipped...you CAN do that.)  I don't know WHAT Middleswarth does to make their potato chips so good, but I am hooked.

Pickles and chips; chips and pickles.  Right or wrong they are part of my life and I want them to stay that way.  So B&G get moving on the production of those bread & butter chips and Middleswarth, keep doing what you're doing so well.

 

Sincerely,

 

Your Biggest Fan (or close to it), Bfth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday's Special Surprise

Vaccine

We Have Taken America Back