Failed by the USPS (AGAIN)

 I've written about this too many times.  ( Just two examples:  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2024/07/where-is-my-document-check.htmlhttps://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2019/10/a-tale-of-two-packages.html)

My question is simple.  How long should it take for a letter or package to get from North NJ to Staten Island, NY?  Now back in December 2022 my son was sent an acceptance letter from the college he now attends in (you guessed it), Staten Island.  Now this letter/package was not sent first class and was mailed during one of the busiest seasons for mail.  It took 8 days to get to us.  How far is my son's campus from our home base in NJ?  30 miles.  Maybe 35 miles if you take the long way.  But that was during the busy time of year and it wasn't first class mail.  Maybe I should cut them a break?

Maybe not.

Now I KNOW that a letter or package does not go directly from my house to its destination.  It goes from a post office near me to a distribution center (or two) and then arrives.  I also know you can pay a higher fee to get a package to its destination.  

The last time I did that is detailed in the first link above.  UPS recommended USPS priority to get something from my area in NJ to where I am now and I paid just over $17 to do that.  That envelope took 7 days to get to its destination.

Late on Tuesday afternoon (or early Tuesday evening depending on how you look at it; according to the receipt that I still have it clocked in at 5:27 PM) I took a small package to the post office to send to my son.   I specifically went to this post office as I knew they were open (and working?) till 6 PM. 

Now remember, this small package was going from NJ to Staten Island.  Less than 40 miles away.  How long could it take?  I could spend over 20 dollars to get it there quickly (which was almost as much as it would have cost me to hand deliver it...with multiple tolls getting to my son and back is around $25 and that doesn't include gas, wear and tear and my own frustration with traffic).  Again, it's not that far away, it SHOULD get there by Thursday or Friday by the latest, right?

It's Saturday morning...where are we:




Look carefully.  The package went from the mailing location to Kearny to Jersey City and then BACK to Kearny where it sat.  Or I'm assuming because there's no update for the 11th or the 12th.  (In transit?  In transit to where?  Who was transiting it?)  It arrived in NY on the 13th and is creeping closer to my son today as it is in Brooklyn currently.  

According to the website:  


WTF?

I have no words.  (And you all know I usually have a LOT of words.)

When will the package arrive?  WILL the package arrive? But the biggest question I suppose is WHY did I trust the USPS again?  I've given them way too many opportunities to do what they are supposed to do only to be failed.  I think this time I have FINALLY learned my lesson.

You want something to get to a destination in a timely fashion?  Don't use the USPS.  There are other options and if you can hand deliver it (even though it's a pain in the...and costly), do it.  Because yet again I am frustrated and disgusted.

UPDATE:  The package which arrived in Brooklyn early this morning is STILL sitting there and will supposedly be delivered by 9 PM on Monday.  Since the mailroom on campus is not open that late, I'm guessing it will arrive on Tuesday.  A WEEK after I mailed it...  I have one word for this:  DISGUSTING!

Comments


  1. HAVE YOU BEEN SCAMMED, HERE IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.


    The internet today is full of scammers, anything could be used to by scammers, every social media, website, apps are full of scammers, they come with enticing adverts and offers that seems real and hard to walk away from,Going to the authorities might not yield any positive results,due to reasons like its not worth their time or they are not really equipped for crimes like that, its bes you contact a private organization for the job. If you seeing this and you a victim of scam then you should contact PYTHONAX.


    PYTHONAX are a group of skilled hackers who specialize in tracking and recovering money taking by scammers, they do this by using info given to them by scam victims, softwares that can hack and hijack scammers devices and trace there were about. this guys are good at what they do, your identity is secure and everything they do is by the books. They are experts in this, they calculate and come up with the best strategy for each case they handle as every scam cases are different.


    contact them using the emails below-;

    pythonaxhelp @ gmail .com

    pythonaxsevices @ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not About Starbucks (or is it)?

As Is

Dear Mom & Dad: Coming to a Close