Where Am I?

 It should be an easy question to answer, but...

If you look on Google maps you will see this:


However, the street sign says Old Orchard DRIVE. 

It's a private road, so Google vehicles have not gone down it. (Additionally, they refuse to correct the fact that it is NOT a thru street.  The road ends with a private driveway, only to pick up past the drivway, but the two are not connected and the homeowner has it blocked off so you can't get from one end to the other so you cannot get to Spruce Cabin Road. )  How it got confused, I don't know, but it doesn't stop there.

Old Orchard Drive (or Road) is in Cresco, PA.  SUPPOSEDLY, but look at this:




Old Orchard Drive (or Road) is highlighted in yellow below:


So if it's a drive or a road, it SHOULD be in Mountainhome, right?  But it's not!  But it IS!  But it you look up Old Orchard in Mountainhome (notice that I didn't say Google...because this will happen no matter what search engine you use), you get Cresco!

So where am I?

Well if you go to the USPS website and look for post offices in the area, there is SUPPOSEDLY one in Mountainhome, but you just get a building with a suite number.  If you look for a post off in Cresco, you get  different address but what looks to be the  same building.   One INTERESTING this though is when you look at the USPS map you can see:


So the postal service calls it drive (but doesn't deliver mail there or maybe it does?  The answer seems to vary!), but Google and everyone else calls it road.  And  SUPPOSEDLY other carriers (such as UPS and FedEx WILL deliver packages there.)

Let me make it even more complicated.  Mountainhome and Cresco (as well as three other little towns are part of Barrett Township:

But I have a friend who lives in Cresco, but she's in Paradise Township.


I ask again...where are we?

Maybe it's best that I don't know!  After all, I don't think this guy knows either and he seems to be a pretty happy guy!




Comments

  1. I relate! Because of the way my development was built if you Google just my street address you get a picture of a long winding road with no homes. But fortunately if you Google the directions it does take you to my front door.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not About Starbucks (or is it)?

As Is

Dear Mom & Dad: Coming to a Close