I Fought The Lies And...

 ...I won!  

Although it isn't much of a victory AND it was a fight that never should have existed.  (Isn't that the case in so many instances?)  For reference (if you haven't already read it):  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2023/10/fighting-lies.html

So when we last left the situation, all I needed was the contractor's "report" in writing on company letterhead.  Yes, I know this is the 21st century.  So I had to badger the contractor a little to get something in writing.  (I know he has a LOT better things to do with his time than filling out a piece of paperwork for an insurance company saying that he DOESN'T need to do any work at my house.  You know, like actually WORKING on homes that NEED repair.)  He promised me yesterday that he would have something in writing for me and would leave it at the house (between the storm door and the front door) before the end of the day.  And being an honorable man, sure enough he did.  



The red covered items are personal information that I have (tried to) covered up.  All of the information is pretty straight forward and although it is not included in the above snapshot, it is signed.  But, you may have noticed that there is something else that is blacked out and that was done by the contractor.  On the original proposal you can see that what is blacked out are the words General Contractors, Inc.  On his business card the name of the company is _________ Construction LLC.  So it's obvious to me that there was a slight change in the company name.  I also happen to know that there is another contractor with the same last name (which is the name of the company) in the tri-state area, which is why he might have modified it.   But you can see where this is going, right?

Because I don't trust the insurance company, I told the agent that I was in the area and would drop the proposal signed by the contractor off at her office.  She said I could just scan and email her because she didn't know if she would be there.  So I did and...

" let me send this and I may not need the original – is there a reason why he black out something below ___  I only point that out because the “letter head” should show he is a licensed roofing contractor as stated on my original rec letter. I know how these underwriters think they may question that. "

Of COURSE they would!  

I responded with:  The blacked out says "General Contractors Inc."  There is another _____ contractor in the NYC area with the same name, so there was probably a conflict.  Here is his business card. (Which has his state license number on it.) If you want me to provide both for the underwriter I am happy to do so."

And then I waited.  And waited.  And...

Finally, she came back with the joyous news:  'Please read the attached from the carrier, policy has been reinstated."

So all is good and I will still be covered.  However, I was a little perturbed at what the carrier wrote:

Is it me or does it kind of sound like, I wanted to cancel, but decided to resume.  Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it?

In any event, the battle is over and the war has been won.  At least for now...



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES