Beware the Ides of October

 


After a Saturday of rain, it was nice to wake up this morning and see some sky (not yet blue, as it was too early) with only a few clouds.  (Versus clouds, clouds and more clouds.)  It was still windy this morning, but not as bad as it was Saturday night.  Sunday brought hope of sunshine.

It was sunny and (semi) warm enough to sit on the (enclosed) back porch and attend an early morning church service. (It's nice that no matter where I am, I have the opportunity/ability to attend a church service where I know the pastor and members.)  After the service, I came inside and had some delicious pumpkin spice coffee that my husband had made.  (My husband is THE coffee making man. )  He warned that it was strong (which is more than okay with me) as he had just finished up the bag from our local Wawa.  I sipped it and enjoyed CBS Sunday Morning.  Sun was streaming in the bay window and glistening on the lagoon; life is good.

After the show was over and I was fully caffeinated, I decided to take a walk up to the beach and then down to Wawa to pick up 2 more bags of pumpkin spice coffee.  After the rain yesterday, it was so nice to get out and soak up a little sun.  It was windy, but not too cold.  I had a jacket on, which I didn't really need.

The tide was going down, not that you could really tell.  (Wind, rain and the new moon will really make those tides high.)

The tide had come up high enough, so that the sand was well packed  just below the dunes, so I was able to walk on the beach.  There was a pack of seagulls (actually a variety of gulls) enjoying themselves as well.



Gulls on the beach

I've walked this beach enough to know approximately where to get off so that I end up at Wawa.  (I was only off by a block this time.)  I went in, debating on whether to buy 2 or 3 bags.  (Pumpkin spice is only good up to Thanksgiving weekend.)  However, to my horror, there were no bags to be found in the coffee section. Thinking that it might be displayed in a seasonal section, I walked around the store.  NOTHING!  I asked the person working behind the counter if they had any bags hidden away in the store and was told that they were out.  That all of the stores were out!  I know Wawa pumpkin spice is popular.  (It's the only brand of ground coffee that I will buy when it comes to pumpkin spice.)  But it's not even Halloween! I was told I could try another store, but I was probably out of luck.

I was DEVASTATED.  (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.)  Thanksgiving is more than a month away.  How could I survive all those weeks without MY pumpkin spice?  It had been a hard enough summer with the lack of diet peach and raspberry iced tea, now no pumpkin spice?  What is this world coming to?  

While I know that there are other brands out there, nothing matches the Wawa brand.  Nothing even comes close!  (Yes, it's that good.)  I guess it's time to Google how to make your own pumpkin spice coffee.  It won't be the same, but I can't go 5+ weeks without my beloved brand of coffee.

Life is challenging.  Life can be hard.  I (we?) need our Wawa pumpkin spice.


UPDATE:  Pumpkin spice IS available through the online store.  It's not cheap, but...I have ordered 3 more bags which should get me through the season.  Hoorah!  Now I can sit down and relax with a glass of Harvest Sangria  from Cream Ridge Winery!  (Another great taste of autumn!)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES