Thursday Thankings: 11/11/21

 November seems to be a month dedicated to being thankful.  It seems like Thursday thankings are a "thing."  If it is, it is a "thing" that I could get into.  If it's not it's still something I could get into; even though we are already on the 2nd Thursday of the month and it's Veteran's Day.

It goes without saying that we NEED to thank our Veterans.  Not just on this day that is dedicated to them, but every time we have the opportunity.  Without the service of our veterans we would not be here.  Our lives would not be as blessed if it were not for them.  No matter where we are in our lives, we ARE blessed.  It may not always seem that way, but when you look at the BIG picture (and I know that's not easy to do), we are blessed.  So to all Veteran's:  THANK YOU!

There are several other people who are at the top of my mind who I would like to thank this Thursday.  Specifically I want to call out Zoe and Alika (I so hope I spelled that right) who took the time and care to make sure that my dining experience last week was safe.  (Yes, we took another trip to Skytop over the 4 day weekend.)  With my food allergies, dining anywhere is a scary venture.  Zoe made sure everything was meticulously planned out and Alika made sure that I got what I needed.  (She also made an incredible Apple Cider Mimosa...Going to have to figure out how to recreate that at home.)  I also need to thank the pastry chef (whoever you are) who made some delicious egg free desserts for me.  Each  night was something different and they were all great.  However, I have to say this was particularly swoon worthy:

 
(I don't know exactly what it was, but there was sorbet, berries, chocolate bits and I think whipped cream and maybe coconut...amazing!)

 Also have to thank Michael who is an amazing concierge, but more importantly is an incredibly nice person and takes great family photos.  (He also has a beautiful family which we were privileged enough to meet one evening.)  Michael is relatively new to the Lodge, but it feels like he has always been there...he makes it all seem so effortless.

 Another thanking goes to the nurses at the medical practice I go to.  This morning I have a sore left arm.  Surprisingly I don't have a sore right arm.  That's because yesterday I was able to drive up and get both a flu and Covid booster shot.  (FYI:  flu was left arm; booster was right.) They were very careful, as I need to make sure that I got the flu shot that was egg/preservative free and that I got the correct booster.  (Because of my weird medical issues I received a J&J booster).  The process was well run and they were meticulous in making sure that I got the correct injections (as they should).  Thank you so much for keeping me safe and healthy.

 Finally, I'd like to thank all the people who helped my parents over the past week.  My mom was really pleased with the quality of care that she received at the hospital.  I'm happy to report that my mom is home, but my parents are going to need regular assistance.  I'm working on that, but there have been several people who are helping find that assistance.  Additionally, there are so many people who reached out to help me and my father during the past week...I can't even begin to name them all. You know who you are:  THANK YOU!

I have so much to be thankful for and so many people who have blessed my life.  Thursday Thankings just may become (ok, needs to become) a regular thing for me.

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES