Explain It To Me

 I've written about it numerous times:  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/the-virus-diary-frustrated-friday.html,  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/to-man-in-teal-jacket.htmlhttps://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2021/03/this-man-is-angry-at-me.html and https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2021/03/the-virus-diary-responsibility.html are just a few examples.  I bet you are tired of reading about it.  I'm a little tired of writing about it.  HOWEVER, during this pandemic (and we are STILL in the middle of it), we ALL need to act in a responsible manner.  That means WEAR A MASK even if you have gotten the vaccine. (Don't take my word for it:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html#:~:text=After%20you've%20been%20fully,places%20until%20we%20know%20more.)

Now I realize that there are some states that no longer require you to wear a mask.  (Pretty darned stupid in my opinion.)  I do not live in such a state.  I live in a state where you need to wear as mask. (Again, don't just take my word for it:  https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/slowing-the-spread/should-i-wear-a-mask-to-stop-the-spread-of-covid-19)  

What I want to specifically call out (and you KNEW this was coming) is that masks are REQUIRED "in indoor spaces open to the public, including retail, recreational, and entertainment businesses, government buildings open to the public, and on public transportation."  That comes from my state's website and furthermore, every establishment I've been in has signage of some sort saying that masks are required for entry.

Which brings me to this...

This is the man in the teal jacket.  This is the man whose photo I took on March 5th .

I brought it to the manager's attention.  As I wrote in my post that day:  "He told me he had spoken to his person several times.  HR had spoken to this person.  He was obviously frustrated. He asked me to text him the photo, which I did.  He told me this person would be held accountable for his actions in the form of unpaid time off."

For the past two weeks, I've seen this man with a mask on (and on properly).  I was happy.  I don't like calling people out and getting them in trouble.  However,  we are talking about not just my health or the health of my family; we are talking about the health of everyone this man comes in contact with.  I want this pandemic to be over.  I want the world to be healthy and free from fear.

Then today I see this. 

So someone explain this to me.

There is a mask mandate in the state.
There is a mask requirement to get in the store.
This man has been spoken to multiple times.
This man has been disciplined by his employer for not wearing a mask.
He wore the mask for the past two weeks.  (At least when I saw him; and I'm pretty sure he KNOWS that I am the one who brought this to management.)

WHY?

(And don't say it was because he was speaking on the phone.  I've spoken on the phone in grocery stores before with a mask on; it's not that big a deal.)

There WILL be a day when masks are no longer required.  The day when I feel comfortable with that will probably be quite a while afterwards.  

These are scary times.  They will end.  They will end sooner IF we all do what we need to do:
  • Get vaccinated (when you are eligible)
  • Wash your hands (you should have been doing this any way...you know that)
  • Stay socially distant (no matter how much you want to hug someone and we ALL want a hug)
  • WEAR A MASK OVER YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES