Good Customer Service!


I know it seems that I tend to complain about BAD customer service a lot.  Sadly, that's because I have received (what I consider) way too much bad customer service.  However, I want to share the flip side of the coin today and talk about my experience with Boxed.com

The pandemic brought the company, which is headquartered in my state to my attention.  Particularly a news piece on CBS.  I was impressed with what they were doing and decided to check them out.  At the time, there was a run on paper production and Boxed actually had some.  Not the products that I preferred, but...I decided to give them a try.

My package took a little longer than I would have liked, but then again this was right after the company got national exposure due to the news piece AND the pandemic had just taken hold of the country.  We were in a panic.  I was happy.  I knew I would order from them again; and I did.

Since my initial purchase, I have placed four more orders.  I order carefully and thoughtfully.  There are certain items that I seem to only be able to find on Boxed.  And I can't find them all the time, so I do keep checking back. (I'm looking at you Lysol Laundry Sanitizer, which was not available when I placed my last order, but as I write this IS available.  However I'm not ready to place another order today!)  They have free shipping over $50 and it is easy to get up to that amount. Plus you get to pick out two free samples with each order.  (That is if you remember to do so...which I forgot when I placed my last order!  Doh!)

 I DO make sure I plan my orders.  While some items might be cheaper than my local grocery store, some are not.  As in everything in life, you need to do your due diligence.  You also need to realize that you can find some items here that you might not be able to find elsewhere.  So plan!  Plan!

So I have been happy with my orders and have had no issues with my orders; until yesterday.

I unpacked all I had purchased. (Including a giant package of Bounty paper towels which I much prefer over the other brand that I had to buy back in the spring when paper products were really at a premium and I considered myself lucky to get ANY paper towels or toilet paper at all!) I went to open the 8 pack of Bush's Baked Beans, which had been a bargain.  The box they came in was a little beat up, but when I opened it so that I could put the cans on my shelf:

NOT what I expected!

Now was the time to discover the quality of Boxed custom service.  I went on line to their contact page and filled out their contact form.  Right on the page they claim that there is real time customer support from 9 am to 9 pm.  It was after 4 and I was little skeptical, but...

After I filled out the form, I noticed in the FAQ section of the site that they say if an item is damaged to email them a photo.  Maybe I should have looked their first.  (My bad.)  So in addition to the filling out the form, I emailed them and attached 3 photos.

Now here's a timeline of exactly what happened and when.  (Because time stamped email are cool.)

5:05 PM: I fill out the form on their contact page
5:07 PM:  While I was writing my email and attaching photos, this appeared in my inbox (although I didn't see it until 10 minute after I sent my email):  

"Hi Beth,

Thank you for contacting us and bringing this to our attention. We hear you and completely understand your disappointment with your delivery. While we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, we kindly ask that you provide us with a few photos of the damaged Bush's Best Baked Beans so that we can further assist you. Pictures always help us to improve our service so incidents like this can be documented appropriately so they do not become a trend for you and your family in the future.

We look forward to hearing back from you so that we can take a better look into this for you!

Thank you,
Joanna from Team Boxed"

5:35 PM:  I get another email from the same customer service person:

"Hi Beth,

Thank you for getting back to us and we really appreciate the photos you sent. As an apology, we have issued a refund of $12.99 straight to your card for the damaged Bush's Best Baked Beans. Please allow 1-3 business days for the refund to process to your original payment method. 

Again, apologies for the inconvenience. Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you, 
Joanna from Team Boxed "

Let's look at the timeline very carefully.  I submit my complaint at 5:05 pm.  My complaint is answered AND resolved within 30 minutes.  30 MINUTES!

I don't remember when I had such prompt and courteous customer service.  (Have I ever?)

So while I had been pleased with my Boxed purchases; now I am thrilled with their customer service.  Why can't every customer experience be like this?  (Why ISN'T every customer experience like this?) While I may not be their best customer, with customer service like this I will always be a loyal customer.

Thanks Boxed for proving to me that quality service can and does exist!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES