Election Tuesday



For many of us it's Election Day.  And if you think it's not worth it because we're not electing a President this year, I'd say you're wrong.  Don't you want the people who represent you (be it on the local school board or town council or "higher" up on the food chain as a Senator) to be the one YOU feel is best suited for the position?  Maybe your guy or gal won't win, but by NOT voting you are not only hurting them, but yourself as well.

If you are not sure who to vote for, that's okay too.  There's still time to do a little research.  (And I'm not talking about who all your Facebook friends say you should vote for.)  Yes, it's better if you take the time early on to learn about the people who want to represent you, but in this millennium; Google is your friend.  Although not ideal, it's relatively quick and easy to find who is for what.

I also want to say it's okay to cross party lines.  (If you are a member of a party.)  While I know it is idealistic (sorry), I still believe in voting for the person I feel is best suited for the job; no matter what party they might belong to.

Finally, it's okay to NOT vote for the person you voted for last time.  At one point (and I won't say when), I really believed in my Governor.  When his/her actions did not reflect what I believed in, I voted differently in the next election.  Currently I am being represented by someone who I am very disappointed in.  This person is not up for re-election currently, but you can believe the next time, unless things change, I will not be voting for him/her again.


So get out there and cast your (informed) vote.  I was #1 at my polling station, but you don't have to be.  Most are open till 8 or 9 this evening.  Do what our forefathers and foremothers fought for:  VOTE!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES