Oster, Oster, Broken Customer (Service)

An addendum to yesterday's blog post.

Since I know that just whining about broken toaster ovens is pointless, I did send an email to Oster (which of course is NOT Oster, but Jarden Consumer Solutions) my issue.  I wasn't asking for a new toaster or any kind of restitution; I knew that the warranty had expired several months prior.  My point was to let them know about the quality issue of their product.

I did get a response back which read:  

Thank you for making me aware of the issue you have experienced with your toaster oven. I would like to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Please send me the following information so I can determine the best way to assist you:
• Your Physical Address and Telephone Number
• Place of Purchase
• Date of Purchase 
• Model Number (see instructions)
• Date Code (see instructions)
• Supplier Code (see instructions) 

I replied:  Answers are below in red.  Please note that this toaster oven replaced another Oster toaster oven (purchased on 2/24/13) and had the exact same issue (door stuck and then door would no longer stay closed).  Perhaps I was foolish to purchase an Oster Toaster Oven on May 2014 after having an issue with the one purchased in February of 2013.  Thank you for your follow up on this and I look forward to a response from you.

The point I was trying to make was that my experience was recurrent.  I was hoping that customer service would get the hint that the product was not holding up over time.  

What I got instead:

Thank you for providing the requested information. Considering the product information you provided, your toaster oven would be outside of the one year warranty.  I will be happy to note and document your concern. Feedback from consumers such as yourself is routinely reviewed by our Product Development teams.

To discuss your options in purchasing another one, please call us at our toll free number 1-800-334-0759.  For your convenience we are available9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday - Friday, EST.  

Do you really think I'm going to purchase another Oster?  While I'm glad they will document my concerns, I'd really like them to look into the issue and tell me why this has happened more than once.  Since I bought the exact same model twice, you'd think someone would realize that there must be a design flaw.  Purchasing another Oster toaster oven now would just mean I'd be dealing with the same issue in 18-24 months.

Should I be happy that they at least read my email?  Considering customer service (or lack thereof) in our world, perhaps I should be.  But I'm not.


I'm still on the fence as to what my next move will be.  But I'm guessing my immediate future will be full of burnt or underdone toast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES