Sadly It Stays The Same...

When I started blogging back in April of 2013, my third post was  http://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/there-are-things-that-i-will-never.html  and just a few days later I wrote:  http://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-dont-care.html.  Here were are over two years later and I could have written those words on Friday or Saturday of this past week.  Time has marched on, but it seems like things have not changed.  I still don't understand the point of the violence that has taken place throughout our world.

I'll admit that I am pretty naive despite being relatively well informed.  I watch the news and read the news, but still when I hear the word "ISIS", I think "Isis" and am taken back to the Saturday morning of my youth.  Yes, I was one of those who watched "Isis" regularly.  (For those too young or who had better things to do on a Saturday morning here's a recap from Wikipedia:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secrets_of_Isis).  It always takes me a moment to realize that the word "Isis" no longer stands for a super hero, but is the exact opposite.

Which brings me to the point that as those the years have gone by since I first blogged about the evils in the world that I did not understand, my mind just does not have the capacity to understand the purpose of random shootings and bombings.  I don't see the glory; I don't get the message.

When I think of Paris, I will not associate it with bombings, but with the beautiful of the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.  Just as when I think of Boston, I think of the old North Church and the boats on the Charles.  Tragedy happens quickly, but can be just as quickly forgotten.  (Except obviously for those who are the direct victims of it.) 

I don't "blame" a religion or a race for the evils of this world.  For centuries, religions have been corrupted and used as an excuse for acts of cruel violence that in my mind they were NEVER intended for.  It is easy to twist the words of a prophet and let hate rule the day.  It is all the much harder to try and follow the examples that our most positive leaders have shown us and live a life of peace and love.  For me at least, I remember the names and the deeds of those who enriched the world than it is to recall those who did their best to demolish it.  And I reflect more on those who bettered the world, than I do on those who tried to destroy it for their own twisted rationale.

So it makes perfect sense to end this post with the words of someone who had wisdom beyond her years.  They are:

  • "Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"
  • "It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."


These are the words I want to my heart.  These are the ideals that I will continue to believe.  And I will always hope that others will too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES