Love

"Love came down at Christmas,
Love all lovely, Love Divine,
Love was born at Christmas,
Star and Angels gave the sign."

The fourth Sunday in Advent brings to mind one of my favorite hymns/anthems which takes its lyrics from a poem by Christina Rossetti.  It reminds me that Christmas exists because of the birth of a child.  To me, a child means love.  When I became a mom, I found a love that I had never experienced before and never expected to experience.  It's amazing what love a child can bring. Unlike adults, young children love unconditionally and wholeheartedly.  Does anything feel better than a hug from a child?

Biblically, God gave us love in the form of the baby Jesus.  If that doesn't tell us how important children are/should be, I don't know what does.  

Another one of my favorite holiday anthems is "One Small Child" which says:  "Share the joy which comes this night, in the love of one small child."  Christmas means love.  Christmas means embracing the love that comes to us as children.


Christian or not, allow yourself to find the love that surrounds all of us this holiday season.  It is there, if you only allow yourself to see and feel it.  Let go of the cynicism and let yourself embrace the magic of the holiday.  Let love in.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES