Nothing to Say

 


The other day I was sitting front of my computer wanting to write something.  But no topics came to mind.  I had nothing to say, so why even try to write a post?

Then a friend posted on social media that it should have been her son's 21st birthday.  That got me thinking and just as I was putting something together in my mind, I got an email from my cousin saying that her mother had died the night before.  That really got me thinking.  Two people; one way too young and one old who had nothing in common.  Or did they?  In honor of both of them, I offer these thoughts/suggestions.

  • Be kind:  It doesn't matter how old or young you are; being kind is something we can all do.  Being kind can be as complicated as volunteering to help with a challenging task or as easy as offering a smile.  There are many things in this life that we don't have a choice about; being kind is not one of them.  Be kind.  
  • Smile:  Yes, it was part of be kind.  Smile.  Believe it or not a smile can change a person's day.  Smile.
  • Explore:  Try new things.  If you don't like it you don't have to do it again, but this world is full of fascinating opportunities; give them a try.  Take risks, but use common sense.  Go out of your comfort zone, but do so safely.  Allow yourself the possibilities of something completely different.
  • Embrace your uniqueness:  Be you.  If you like something that others don't, who cares?  If you aren't hurting anyone (and that includes yourself) what does it matter? We are all comprised of the same building blocks.  It's important to remember that we are all of one race: the HUMAN race.  However, although we are comprised of the same elements of life, each of us is a unique individual.  Live your individuality and love it.  
  • Do what you enjoy:  Even if you're not good at it.  If you're having fun does it really matter if you're a lousy baseball player or singer?  Maybe you're not going to get into the World Series or appear on the stage at Carnegie Hall, but if you have a passion for something DO IT!
  • Seek the positive:  Life is full of negatives.  We ALL get down and depressed some times.  (How can we not?)  However, the world is full of positives.  The world is full of good.  It's just that sometimes we are so bombarded with the bad that we can't see the good.  Look for it and live it.
  • Help when you can:  Maybe you can't change the world, but you CAN change someone's world.  Offer your help when you see it is needed. 
  • Ask for help:  We're all going to need it sometime.  Don't be afraid to ask.  And if the person you ask can't help, don't be afraid to ask someone else.  We are not in the world alone; we are put here to help and BE helped.
  • Apologize:  We all make mistakes.  We all screw up.  Yes, we are all ASSHOLES at one point or another.  Own it, acknowledge it.  Sincerely apologize and move forward.  Learn from it and do better next time.  (Don't just say it; mean it.)
  • Be KIND:  I know, I started this list with those words, but it's so important that I wanted to end it with the same.  BE kind.  Be KIND.  BE KIND.  It matters.  It makes a difference.  And it CAN change the world.

So there are my thoughts...I think they are important.  I think they reflect the two people that I mentioned at the beginning of this post.  I think that I will try to take my own advice.  What about you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving