Karma ISN'T Instant


Apologies to the late John Lennon, but it's not.  God knows I WISH it was.  Waiting is so frustrating, but I believe in karma and what goes around will come around.  That thought sustains me when I am truly angry, frustrated, annoyed...well you get the picture.  All to recently I've been thrust into a situation where I've been faced with subtle manipulation and deceit that makes me want to scream with rage.  And for better or worse, I really want to be around when karma bites the deserving individual in the butt.

Now usually I am not that type of person.  At least I TRY not to be.  I believe in being kind to my fellow man.  In general I am an honest and trusting person.  My flaw is that I often expect the same in return.  When it doesn't come...well it really gets my dander up.  (Is that even a term anymore?  Or am I just showing my age.)  Lies and general dishonesty (or false face) gets under my skin and makes me crazy.  REALLY CRAZY; as in stark raving looney!

You are probably thinking, Bfth, you poor fool.  You are living in a fantasy land.  The world is full of dishonest people; you can't trust anybody.  You may be right.  It makes me sad to even think that.  However,  I still hold in my heart that humankind is generally good.  And I've been lucky or blessed enough to find that to hold true for the most part.

Perhaps as a result, when I find that someone has lied, twisted the truth or used their position (or maybe I should say ABUSED their position) for their own purposes that causes others pain, sorrow or stress; I go (to steal from a previous blog post):  guanopsychotic.( In case you missed it: https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2019/09/a-case-of-guanopsychosis.html).  

Being the person I am, the one who does not, or at least TRIES not to twist the truth and use my position (not that I really have one; maybe someday I'll have a boatload of money or be famous for one thing or another...keep dreaming Bfth!), while I might immediately have thoughts of revenge, the truth is that I am in no position to do so nor would I want to.  (That is after the clear light of day fills my head again...let's face it we all have revenge fantasies at one time or another.  However, very few of us, thankfully, will act upon them!)  So I will leave it up to karma.  Knowing that one day, what goes around WILL come around.  When I can do nothing; that gives me some peace of mind. (Or at least lets me move on.)

With that said, it doesn't mean that I will keep quiet.  I will call a liar a liar.  If someone burns me, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut; I'm going to let the world know, even if the world isn't really listening.  I can let those is MY world know what my experience has been and then let them make their own decisions.  I suppose in that way, I've given karma a little push in the right direction.

Maybe you've never experienced karma.  Maybe you don't believe in karma.  Perhaps you feel that you a too important or too powerful for such a thing to apply to you.  If that's your belief, I cannot change that.  I will not even try.  You don't have to believe in karma, but you're going to experience it some day. That applies to the good we do as well.  For those who do good will reap what they sow just as those who do "evil" (for lack of a better word) will find that their actions will come back to them in spades.

So I will wait.  And I will watch.  For I believe the words written so many centuries ago:  "Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving