Where Do I Live: A US Postal Service Story

I don't live here.

 I don't live here either.


Not here.  
  Or even here.


I don't live in ANY of these places.  (You know if I did, maybe I could make a killing in the real estate market!)  The numbers are not even CLOSE to the number on my house.  The streets that these were supposed to go to are not too far from me; one is a block over and the other is several blocks away.  I mean, at least the town is right, but...

All of these postcards ended up in my mailbox yesterday...along with some other "junk" (sorry advertisers) that DID have my correct address on them.

I'm angry.  Really angry.

As I sit here typing this post, I can see Hardbodyz Fitness from my window.  (They are the business that spent the money to create these postcards and have them mailed.)  I don't go to Hardbodyz Fitness.  I don't know the owners or the people who work there, but I am angry on their behalf.  They are a small business and they are spending their money to get their message out.  I respect them for that.  I know they certainly didn't expect 7 of their mailers to end up in MY mailbox.  And you know if I ended up with this many, where did the rest of their post cards go?  Or maybe I should be asking where did MY mail go?

Several times a year I get mail for some very nice people a block away.  They live at the same # house on a block that begins with the same letter as mine (M).  I may get their magazine.  I may get their weekly newspaper.  I have always walked their mail over to their house and put it in their mailbox.  That was how I met them once.  Very nice people, but NOT how you want to meet your neighbors.

Earlier in the month, I sent out holiday cards.  I HOPE that all of them arrived at the correct destination.  I'm pretty sure they all DID not.  How can I say that?  Two of them were returned to me.  There was nothing written on the envelope like:  "Undeliverable as addressed" or "Customer not at this address."  I checked my address box.  I checked online.  The addresses and the people matched.  I put them back in the mailbox.  One came back again...the other I hope DID get to its destination.  (I have yet to ask my friend if she received it or not.)  The other, which was returned to me again and which IS the correct address. (I triple checked AND I've been to the residence which is about 30 miles from my home several times over the past year.)  Again, there was NO indication WHY it was returned to my home.  It just was.

Finally, last night, while I was thinking of this, I realized that a gift that I had ordered and was supposed to be delivered on Friday, never showed up.  I went to the website where I had ordered it and looked up the delivery information:

Friday, December 28, 2018 21:24:00 PM 
Received by the local post office
Friday, December 28, 2018 03:17:02 AM 
Package transferred to post office
Thursday, December 27, 2018 21:37:32 PM 
Destination Scan
Thursday, December 27, 2018 08:14:00 AM 
Arrival Scan
Thursday, December 27, 2018 06:54:00 AM 
Departure Scan
Thursday, December 27, 2018 05:34:00 AM 
Arrival Scan
Wednesday, December 26, 2018 00:41:00 AM 
Arrival Scan
Friday, December 21, 2018 16:15:00 PM 
Departure Scan
Friday, December 21, 2018 11:56:30 AM 
Origin Scan
Friday, December 21, 2018 11:59:58 AM 
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So it got to the local post office late on Friday, even though it was TRANSFERRED to the post office at 3 in the morning.  Why it too nearly 20 hours for this to happen...well let's just let it drop. I was disappointed as I wanted to give the package to someone today.  

I went back to the website this morning, just to see if there had been any update.  There had...

Saturday, December 29, 2018 10:13:00 AM 
The post office attempted to deliver your UPS SurePost® package and left a delivery notice with instructions.
Saturday, December 29, 2018 09:46:00 AM 
The post office attempted to deliver your UPS SurePost® package and left a delivery notice with instructions.

Ummm...how do I put this nicely?  I DON'T!  We were home.  Someone was in my house ALL day long.  (Yes, I did go out to volunteer in the thrift shop, but my husband was home.)  There was /is NO delivery notice.  There is NO package.  There is NOTHING!  (On the other hand, I have already notified the company that I ordered the gift from and have received a response that they will look into.  Sure it's probably a canned response, but at least I got something!)

I have a reason to be angry.

In the past, I (and my husband) have TRIED to contact the post office about problems/issues that we have had.   We have NOT had any luck.  I WILL try again.  But for now, I am sharing my anger and frustrations socially.  I KNOW I am not alone.  Writing this at least makes me feel that I have accomplished something (what I don't know) and I invite you to share your issues/problems as well.  I don't know if we can change anything, but at least we can share and hope.

Comments

  1. https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/2018/12/03/somers-dumped-mail-bust-latest-hudson-valley-postal-service-mishap/2160955002

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES