The (Colorful) Season of Thanks

I LOVE the colors of autumn.  Generally I'm not a big fan of the colors associated with the season, but when it comes to the outdoors and the splendors that nature gives us, I'm completely hooked.



I am awestruck when it comes to the beauty that nature provides when it comes to autumn.  It just takes my breath away!

And I thought we were going to get gypped this year because when we hit the "height" of the season (at least according to the websites I searched), the colors were just not there.  They were okay.  It was pretty, but just not what I have come to love.

Then we hit November and suddenly my neighborhood is lush with bright colors.  With a sunny and moderate day, I finally got outside to take a walk.  After all I need my exercise and I've been slacking off a bit.  (Due to a variety of different reasons.)  But the first weekend in November offered me a wonderful opportunity to get out there and go.

However, with all the colors, my fast pace slowed down a bit as I took in all that the blocks around my street had to offer.





With such sights how could I keep up a fast pace?  I had to stop and take it all in.

 



 How can you not be in awe?  How can you NOT be thankful for the beauty of the season?
 

 
As we have entered the season of thanks be sure to step outside and admire what surrounds us.  The things that we take for granted every day; the things that may even annoy us; they are beautiful.  We just need to open our eyes and our thankful hearts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES