Is this Summer?

I don't know what it's like where you live, but here in the NY tristate area it's been one of the strangest summers I've ever known.  As I write this I am sitting with a SWEATER on!  Yes, it is AUGUST in New Jersey!  (This wouldn't be so distressing if I were hanging out in Alaska, but I'm not!)  And I'm not just talking about the air conditioning in my office this time around! ( https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2017/06/frozen.html)

I know, back in late June I was talking about the heat.  Heck just a few weeks back I was worried about crayons in my car melting into puddles of grossness. Now here I am in August and I'm putting the HEAT on in my car.  I've gone from cold showers because it was so hot and humid (this was just last week), to hot baths because it is so cold (cool?) but still humid. (I am not kidding; I had the heat on in my car last night and went home and immediately took a hot bath.  Something I might do in the dead of winter, but in August?)

I'm worried that come the beginning of September when school starts (and I haven't begun my back to school shopping yet, which either means I'm more relaxed than I have been in past years or that I'm just past caring anymore and will go into full on panic mode just a few days before the first day of school) the temperatures will suddenly spike and will be heading for triple digits.  (Our school system is NOT air conditioned).  Or that we'll have another freak snowstorm before Halloween like we did back in 2011.  




It seems like we've gone from one extreme to the next with very little moderation.  (You know those days that we all crave in the upper 70s and 80s.)  What is happening?  Where is my summer???

Forget about global warming, I'm more concerned about the global weather pendulum.  It's swinging back and forth around here as if it doesn't know what to do.  I don't think it's healthy for people to be going from 90+ to 60 degree weather.  And if it's not good for us, I don't think it's good for any other creature or our planet!  (And yes, I realize that's a whole other blog post...but just as a quick aside, we DO need to take care of our home and like it or not, this planet IS our home.  We've trashed it enough, isn't it time we starting sweeping up?)

What do you think?  Is it crazy where you are too?  Or am I living in my own little alternate universe?  (Maybe I've been watching too much Twin Peaks!)  

But I am craving true summer days (and notice I say days because I don't just want one) where it is sunny and warm.  (Notice I didn't say hot.)  Warm enough for ceiling fans but not hot enough for full blown air conditioning.  Those days where you can kick back, have a drink on the porch and read a good book.  All I want is a "normal" summer!  I don't think that's asking too much from Mother Nature.  Do you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES