Springing Forward

It's that time of year again.  There will be no two o'clock in the morning on Sunday, as we spring ahead to three.  With the turn of a dial or the push of a button we will enter into Daylight Savings time.

Of course I don't know anyone who actually stays up to change the clock at the appointed time.  I've always done it the night before.  And with today's technology, for the most part I don't even have to do that!

Daylight savings time means that spring is just around the corner (officially arriving on the 20th of the month, which also happens to be Palm Sunday this year as well).  Much of this week in the north east it has felt like spring. (Today is the exception!  Walked out the front door and brrrrrrr!)  I'm not complaining about that.  (Although it was a little weird to hear from friends a little further south complain about turning on the central AC!)  I love the warm weather, and especially love watching the flowers start to peak out of the ground.  My neighbor has had crocuses start to come up on her front lawn for the past week or so and suddenly yesterday buds magically appeared on the tree in front of my house. (I swear they were NOT there in the morning!)

I am no fan of winter and have been thankful that this one has not been harsh at all.  (I know that we can still get snow, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)  Unlike previous years, the snow blower only had to come out once and the temperatures were not as bitter as they have been in recent memory.  (Loved walked outside on Christmas Day in only a light vest...and doing the same early in the New Year.)  Even if we do get snow, it shouldn't last as the days are getting warmer.  


I am happy to spring forward.  I'm happy for the warm weather and to see the flowers bloom.  (But not so keen on the pollen that will come along with it.)  The time to open the windows and let the fresh air in is upon us.  It all means I'll be springing with a smile.

Comments

  1. It's been so warm here I'm worried we might get a late cold snap and kill all the pretty flowers. 80 tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES