The Color of God

So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

Its old testament stuff; straight from the New International Version of the Bible. It's Genesis 1:27 if you're interested.  (Confession:  I knew it was somewhere in Genesis and I had to Google it to find the exact place.)

I'm not a pastor, although I have been called to step into the pulpit a few times and each time it has been an honor.  And I'm not writing a preachy sermon on this page.  But in the light of recent events, the above passage came to mind.


I like the version about because it uses the word "mankind."  That means all of us.  God created each of us in God's image.  That means when you look at me; you are seeing God's image.  When I look at you, I am seeing God's image.  When I take a minute to think about it, it's all pretty simple.  

It doesn't say God created them in God's own "white" image.  Or in God's "black" image.  The color of God is all shades of the spectrum.  The shape of God is every size.  Every scar, blemish, "imperfection" is part of God's image.  Every face of mankind is an image of God.

When you look at someone, stranger or friend, you are looking at God's own image. 

We are all part of God's kingdom.  Each of us; no matter what sex, color, size, etc. represent the image of God.

Think about that for a minute.  Think about it when you look at a friend.  Think about it when you look at a stranger.

Just think...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Moving