2nd Weekend in Autumn

 I haven't written in a week, which is unusual for me, but then we are living in unusual times.  (At least I hope these times are unusual...if our current "climate" [and I'm not just talking weather here, although that's what I'm going to be mostly talking about] then we are in deep trouble.  Really deep trouble)

It's another overcast Sunday, although nor'easter to content with.  There's going to be rain again and it's colder than I'd like.  (You know me, I'm NOT a cold weather person, so I was hoping we could stretch out the warmer and sunnier todays for a bit longer.)  I'm hoping that I might be able to get outside for at least a quick walk, but you never know.   In the meantime, I am sitting here typing this blog post and blowing my nose because suddenly my allergies seem to be kicking into high gear. (You've heard of Rudolph the red nosed reindeer; let me present to you Bfthie the red eyed/red honking nose semi-human.)

Nutshell I'm kind of miserable at the moment.  But for a change I'm not going to wallow in my misery (SHOCKING, I know) and instead think back to the beautiful day that YESTERDAY was.

Although we are not yet at peak leaf season (sources tell me it starts mid-week which is great because my son is supposed to come up and visit us next Sunday and I'd love if the leaves and the weather would cooperate), we're getting there.  Yesterday was sunny.  It started out cool and then got warmer.  I KNEW we needed to take advantage of this.  So I asked my husband to come with me on a walk where I knew the foliage (again not at peak) would be amazing.  He said yes and so off we went.

If you know me, you know where we went.  (If you don't you'll figure it out.)  And although I am not the best photographer (that would be my son), I cannot help but take photos when I do this walk.  (I know I’ve been taking the same photos over and over again almost every single year.  Forgive me.  It's just so breathtaking that I can't stop myself!)  So as imperfect as these may be... I present my walk around the lake photos...





















Again, although these might not be the best photos (or even very good), how can you not look at them and feel moved?  Even crappy photos can capture the majesty of our planet.  

Wherever you are, I hope there are sunny, semi-warm days where you can take advantage of all the glory that nature has to give us.

(Oh and if you don't know where I was...here you go)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday's Special Surprise

Vaccine

Sad Sunday Story