What's Wrong With Being Jolly, Joyful or Merry?

Isn't that the definition of the word gay?  Why shouldn't joyful people get married?  Why shouldn't merry people have the same rights as grumpy?

OK, so I'm NOT that dumb.  I know the word "Gay" means something else.  (Although I would like to know how it came about...but I don't have the time or patience to do the research at the moment...anyone else want to share and give me the basics?)

I have friends who are homosexual.  I have friends who are heterosexual.  I have friends who are tall.  I have friends who are short.  I have friends who are old.  I have friends who are young.  I have friends who are fair of skin.  I have friends who are dark of skin.  You know what this has made me realize?  I have a lot of friends!!!

And I'm thankful for each and every one of them.  Because each and every one of them, in their own way, are kind, caring and loving.  I know that I can count on each and every one of them.  So what else matters? Each and every one of my friends are unique, wonderful individuals.  And all I want for them is good health and happiness.

If that happiness includes getting married to a person of the same sex so be it.  They wouldn't stop me from marrying who I wanted, why should I?

And when a person commits to love, cherish, honor and care for another, they definitely deserve all the rights and benefits that go along.  (They also deserve all the aggravation, but that's another story).

Please don't Bible thump at me for my views.  The Bible is a wonderful book...but it says a lot of crazy things.  And while some may say the Bible is the word of God, I beg to differ.  It is the word of God as interpreted by "Man".  While God may be perfect, Man most certainly is not.

Judge not, least you be judged.  Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.  (Are there really any takers on that one?).

So Gay or Straight...if you want to get married, I hope you will.  I hope you will love, honor and cherish the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.  I hope others will be kind to you and you are kind to others.

Yes, call me an idealist, but what is wrong with people loving each other?  Caring for each other?  Taking care of each other?  It seems to me that it can only make our world a better place.







Comments

  1. Well said. I have to be careful because I have too many people who are close to me that are on both sides of this fence but I really agree with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES