The Lion Roars

 

No, I'm not talking about that lion!  (It's a charcoal sketch that was done by my great uncle nearly 100 years ago.  He was quite an artist and during his brief life he did some wonderful sketches; many of which I have framed and hung in my house.  However that's a blog post for another day...a day that I need to get to soon!)

I'm talking about the old saying that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Although this March has been sort of lamb/lion/lamb/lion...Or maybe it's more like this.  Am I wrong when I say that March might be the most psychotic of all the months of the year?

Today that March wind is ROARING.  And while I like a gentle breeze and some wind doesn't bother me, this whipping wind kept me up during the night.  It's the reason why I decided not to stay at the shore yesterday.  (That and the fact that there was flooding on area roads.  This time I did manage to get in and the house was fine, but getting off of the highway and onto the road that leads to the road that leads to the house was a little stressful.  I knew I could make it through the water [why do I always manage to arrive just as the tide in the bay/lagoon?] and I knew there was no water by my end of the street.  I'm just not thrilled with the fact that the road in [which, if I recall correctly, was recently "raised" and repaved] keeps getting so much water.)  The wind can REALLY roar down there and I knew I wouldn't sleep well if I stayed.  (Not that I slept well anyway.)  I also thought the chance of losing power would be greater down there than it would be up north.  (Of course as I wrote that I got a text from about a local road being closed due to downed tree.  Downed trees are not as much of an issue at the shore.)

I don't recall being so "aware" of the wind in the past.  Ever since Sandy (which really kept me up at night), I've been more attuned to wind events.  And to me it seems like we're having more and more high wind events. 

Which leads me to give props to those who live in the mid-west and other areas where tornados are a thing.  I don't think I could handle living in an area where tornados are a continued threat.  I've never experienced one (although we did have a microburst when my son was a baby) and I'm not eager to change that. 

We're not quite halfway through the month of March, but I am ready for it to march on out; hopefully in a less blustery fashion.  I am ready for the spring days of April. (But not for the April showers; we've had more than our share of those already in the first three months of 2024.)

Maybe I should just go relax and watch a movie.  I just better avoid this one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES