That Friday Feeling


 A good  night's sleep (hoorah!) and a sunny day can do wonders for my mindset.  I'm feeling really good today and I'm not even at my "happy" place (at the shore looking at the water and wildlife).  I'm hoping this feeling continues on through the day and into the weekend (which is supposed to be wet).

I'm thrilled that I've gotten good sleep over the past two nights (let's hope this is a trend that keeps up) and happy that the sun is out in full force.  Maybe if it gets warm enough I can even sneak out for a few minutes and get some "fresh" air.  (Or at least as fresh as it gets here.)  The temperatures are not as high as I would like them, but then again, it's still early March and spring is officially 11 days away.  (Although for some reason I keep thinking that it's the middle of March...why am I so confused?)  So my mood is high and I hope to keep it there.

Some other things that are making me smile:

  • I finally saw my first robin yesterday.  It was all alone sitting in the street.  Not at all what I expected.  Usually there are plenty of them on my front lawn.  However, I FINALLY saw a robin and that's a big deal for me.  For years it was a "competition" to see who saw one first: my grandmother, my mother or me.  Now there's no competition.  (Although maybe I should try to get my son to take it up.)  However, finding that robin is a big deal for me.  It always will be.  And now I've seen one!
  • Since it's Friday my husband I went to ShopRite as we usually do.   Our weekly "date" was more enjoyable than usual because people were (for some unknown reason) extremely helpful and upbeat today.  When my husband went to get a case of seltzer (which is in the front of the store near the registers), our "regular" cashier told him to just leave it by her as she knew we'd coming to her station when we finished.  Then when we were looking for some items, two different people, who were not ShopRite employees but were there restocking the shelves, offered assistance.  And in general, even though it wasn't even 6:30 in the morning people were smiling and saying hi to each other.  Why is this day different than any others?  I have no idea, but nice begets nice and happy begets happy, so...
  • My son is coming home for the weekend.  I know he's not coming home to see us.  His sole purpose is so that he can see his girlfriend as she performs in her last high school musical.  She came to see him last year in his final show and he saw her perform last year.  I like how they support each other, even though there are apart.  They have met in NYC a couple of times since he's gone off to college and I'm sure they will find a meeting place between MA (where she will be going next year) and NY/NJ next year.  What I like and admire is that they are a couple, but they aren't tied to each other.  They do things on their own; they do things together.  She has guy pals and he has female friends. How much more mature they are than I was at that age (and even older).  
  • I'll be making Irish Soda Bread after my son gets home.  I LOVE the "secret" recipe that a neighbor so kindly shared with me that I can eat.  I will make and bake it; my son with "bless" and "name" it.  (It's a tradition that goes back to when he was in confirmation class and something that they did and is still a "thing" to this day.)  I'll probably end up making at least one more before St. Patrick's Day.  Spring break starts next weekend, so we'll definitely have a family dinner with corned beef and Irish soda bread.  

It's Friday and I'm feeling fine.  Here's hoping the feeling flows through the weekend.

 Happy Friday all!

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES