Computershare Ruins the Day (AGAIN)


I thought that Friday would be a good day.  My son is home on spring break (after acing one of his midterms -- we don't know about the other yet).  I delivered Boris Riab prints and a dozen or so Limoges pieces to an auction house who actually wanted them and thinks they can sell them.  (They have been lurking at the shore house for way too long.)  It was warm outside and mostly sunny.  Spring is in the air (for now), which makes everyone's spirits lift.  And then...

I got yet another letter from Computershare.  They REQUIRE "a Certified Letter of Appointment if you are signing in the capacity of an estate representative.  A Letter of Appointment must be certified by using one of the following two methods:

1.     An original court-certified Letter of Appointment date within 60 days of the request; OR

2.     A photocopy of the above document dated within 60 days, being an original Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamp."

I don't have a court certified Letter of Appointment.  I DO have a "short form" from the surrogate court which clearly says that I am "duly authorized to take upon the administration of the estate of said Testatrix."  Of course this document is dated more than 60 days ago because my mother died nearly 2 years ago. 

 It was my mistake not to jump on this sooner.   In my defense, I have been dealing with a LOT of shit over the past 2 years and even if I hadn't, I don't think I would have known or been able to get this to them within 60 days.

 There were two stocks that my mother owned that I needed transferred to me.  I sent in the forms for both in November.    For both I got letters back saying they needed more information, but not both requested the same information/forms.  (Which makes no sense.)  One I was able to fill out send in and eventually got resolved.  (I know because I, not my mother, got the eighteen cent dividend check). The second one is still outstanding.

 It's this second one that still haunts me. While for the first stock transfer they DID NOT require me to send in an actual physical copy of the stock, this second one did.  I don't HAVE them.  I called them about this...and well if you read my previous blog on this you know how it went.  (If you don't or if you want a refresher:  https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2024/01/computershare-nightmare.html)  I sent in more forms, an official copy (with raised seal) of the surrogate court short certificate AND a check for $389.38 to replace the lost stocks.  The check was cashed on February 6th.   Friday afternoon, I got another form letter from them (dated March 1...where has this letter been since then?) asking again for the Letter of Appointment.  Nothing else was said.  Not even a "what you sent wasn't good enough for us."

 They took my money with no problem, but they still want one specific thing that I can't give them.  What I did provide clearly shows that I am in charge of the estate.  Every time I send them something, I ALWAYS request that they call, but they don't. I write certified letters.  I've tried to get them on the phone, but that is pointless (you get disconnected or talk to someone who you can't understand because their headset keeps going in and out.)  I have sent email.  I have filled out their form on line to ask for assistance. I have offered to send a copy of my mother's will which clearly states that "I give, devise and bequeath all the residue of my estate...to my daughter," but no one has ever said they wanted or needed it.  (Actually I've never gotten anything back that wasn't just a form letter.  No indication that anyone actually read and/or understood what I sent to them) What else do I need to do? How do I get someone to help me? How do I get these lousy 10 shares of stock?   (Just as an aside:  these stocks do not represent millions of dollars...they are a drop of water in an ocean of stock, just as I am one insignificant human to this giant conglomerate that claims that they are a global leader that delivers every time. Delivers what?)

 I'll admit they have gotten me to the point of frustrated tears.  I'm trying to move forward and they keep slamming me back.  And I'm exhausted.  But maybe that's what they want?  (Along with my measly $389.38?)

 So what do I do?  I'm at a loss.  I'm praying that someone actually reads what I sent through their website.  (Their automated response says I will hear back in 5 business days.)  Does anyone reading this know ANYONE at Computershare?  Help a fellow human being out.  Please....I NEED help.  

 Thanks, as always for reading.

 May tomorrow be a better day.


NOTE:  I've been thinking about this since I wrote/posted...it's not about the stock/money (which again, they TOOK my money with no need for verification that the missing stocks are mine, but won't give me the stocks?), it's about the lack of follow up and making the customer/client do the work.  That's where the frustration and pain come in.  On the flip side, the auction house that took my items followed up IMMEDIATELY when I made an inquiry.  They've treated me with respect and kindness when I dropped my items off.  They have promised follow up BEFORE and AFTER the auction.  They understood that this was difficult for me.  I felt good when I left their facility.  With each interaction with Computershare, I only get frustration and feel pain and sorrow.  And for what?







Comments

  1. Wish I could help but don’t have a clue. So sorry you have to go through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about going to the Media?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES