I Should't Have to Resort to X



Last week I wrote (again) about my ongoing issues with Computershare (https://bfthsboringblog.blogspot.com/2024/03/computershare-ruins-day-again.html).  With both my parents passing within a year of each other, I feel like the past two years has been a mess of dealing with certain financial institutions.  (Note:  Not all financial institutions have been a nightmare, but the ones that have really wear you down and exhaust you.  I am so grateful to the handful or organizations that have actually been helpful like TD Bank and RBC.) 

As I see it (from an ordinary person's point of view), these gigantic organizations have two issues:  

  1.  They are so large and you're so small that you can't get a customer service person to help you.
  2. They are so large that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I realize that I am small and unimportant in their eyes.  (Sorry I'm not worth millions, or maybe I should make that billions, of dollars.)  I've got my tiny little "estate" that I need to take care of and I am NOT an expert in any of this.  (What "regular" person would be?)  I TRY to follow the rules and provide what is needed, but if I don't, a generic form and letter don't help me.  And don't give me your 800# if I'm going to be on hold for 20+ minutes only to be disconnected or connected to a person who cannot assist.

 I've tried to do what needs to be done.  I've tried to provide documents that are required.  But what I really need is help and getting that help is seemingly impossible through the "traditional" routes.

 Last week, I was at the end of my rope with Computershare.  I blogged and shared on social media, tagging the corporation on various platforms.  And, surprise; just like last two summers when I tagged the corporation on X (formerly Twitter), all of a sudden I got a response! Now my problem has NOT been resolved, but someone has actually contacted me.  Is it wrong to feel a glimmer of hope?  (Probably.)

 I really DON'T like going to social media to complain.  I am old school (or maybe I'm just old), I think you should address the problem with the persons/companies involved.  However, it seems to me that more and more often that doesn't get anything resolved.  The client/customer only ends up MORE frustrated and upset.  It's almost like you HAVE to call the company out on social media, specifically X, in order to get any kind of response.  (Let me say, I don't use X all that much because I don't care for how the platform seems to encourage trolls and negativity.  And I realize that I'm adding to that with my own posts, but sadly it seems like the ONLY way to get my voice heard.)

 

Has my voice finally be heard?  Maybe.  Will my issue finally be resolved???  Stay tuned... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Guilty

Please Don't Ask Me...

Lowe's LIES